Belt size for whipple & 4lb lower?

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Finally got to order my whipple and supporting mods on Monday and was just wondering which belt size am I gonna have to use? I checked on Cobra Bobs website and did a search here and still didnt find the answer. Ill be running the stock upper w/ a 4lb lower. Also, I have a metco 4 piece idler setup Thanks

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
sry im no help to u, but could post numbers when u get it dynoed, im goin fr the whipple with a 4lb also, so im curious what the numbers would be. thx dude.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
What size upper are you gonna run?

If you are running a 3.0 upper, you're gonna want the 4080810/K080810 belt. Anything bigger than that, and you'll need a larger belt. You're gonna probably have to break the adjuster tab off your tensioner to get that to fit- its gonna be tight as a banjo string.

I good trick I use when putting the aux idler on it to spray a small amoutn of WD40 on the idler itself to aid in slipping it past the belt. Then, once its installed, shoot it with some brake cleaner to clean off the WD40. Works like a charm. If you don't want to do this, you're gonna have to push like a gorilla to get it to slide past the belt, lol.

You may have to buy a few belts and experiment with which one fits your setup best. Dont be discouraged if you dont get it right the first time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread