Belt Size for Whipple Cobra

carguy96

Established Member
Trying to estimate belt size needed for my new setup:
3.375 Upper
2lb Metco lower (8in)
4 piece Billetflow Idler Set
3.0 Alternator Pulley

I am assuming I will need at least a 79" belt, possibly 80". Anyone have any input on this?

carguy96

Established Member

Thanks for sharing that link. After looking through there and Billetflow's chart, looks like I will need anywhere from a 77.5-78.5" belt.
upload_2019-3-15_12-37-33.png

(the 3.40 pulley size is pretty close to the 3.375 Whipple upper pulley I would assume)
I know you need to add 1.5" to the belt length with the 2lb lower over stock.
Can anyone else confirm this?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm going to be playing this game in about a month. I planned on taking on of my spare belts and cutting then wrapping it around all the pullies with the tensioner at about mid range and clamping the ends together. I should be able to measure it at that point and get a belt that fits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

carguy96

Established Member
I'm going to be playing this game in about a month. I planned on taking on of my spare belts and cutting then wrapping it around all the pullies with the tensioner at about mid range and clamping the ends together. I should be able to measure it at that point and get a belt that fits.

Out of everything I have been doing in preparation for the swap, I forgot all about belts. I also forgot the whipple belt will be even longer than anything on an Eaton chart.
I ordered 5 different belts from NAPA that I am going to test fit. I found a thread on Modular Fords that seemed to help as well. Whipple Belt sizes - Page 6

01yellercobra

Established Member
I went through a lot of belts on my centri set up. I only went to Napa when I really needed to. Their price for a normal belt was the same as a heavy duty belt on Amazon.

carguy96

Established Member
I went through a lot of belts on my centri set up. I only went to Napa when I really needed to. Their price for a normal belt was the same as a heavy duty belt on Amazon.

Only reason I got a few is to test fit, then I can take them back and get a heavy duty one without waiting for it to ship. My friend and I are going to try to fire up the car tomorrow so I need a belt for that.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Assuming 3-100mm & 1-92mm, should be around 80"

I have a barely used K080806HD I'll sell you, was too small for my setup

olympic

Established Member

I keep an old belt hanging around for just this purpose. Eliminates the guesswork.

Users who are viewing this thread