Belt slip? If yours does, VMP has the cure!

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
I've got an 07 gt500 & 2013 tvs waiting to install. What would be the smallest pulley I can put before changing injectors & fuel pump. I got frpp cai, cobra jet throttle body going in with tvs also have dss driveshaft. If I go with the 2.40 what mods will I need?
Thanks

VNMOUS1

Established Member
okay does this mean you will warranty/replace the $200 paperweight-stainless 2.4 pulley that you sold everybody that caused the slipping to start with?

Facts:

Not everyone experienced slip with the 2.40" stainless. I have one along with a Innovators 10pct that exhibits no discernable slip. Those who have had them slip are in a small minority and have a variety of equipment configurations.

Like with anything else, time should improve the breed.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
You are not running the same pulley, yours is the interchangeable. A stand up company would admit fault and offer a full refund. I along with others on this board will never order anything from you guys again.

I'm not sure why you're intent on publicly airing your grievance rather than responding to my offers to discuss your individual situation professionally and respectfully.

I'm available should you ever decide to try that route.

Bj

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The 2.4 bolt on and the 2.4 one piece are the exact same design when it comes to the part that contacts the belt.

We did an extensive amount of R&D using OEM parts and did not find an issue. Now that we find some people are having issues with aftermarket parts we are happy to address it. Some of the belts on the market weren't even intended to be used in this application, they were being modified to work on a GT500 (by cutting ribs off).

We're happy to help anyone that is having an issue. I've literally had two shops and one customer from that shop that contacted us, out of hundreds of pulleys sold. I am a perfectionist and I always want to improve EVERYTHING which is why I looked into aftermarket belts causing problems and found a solution.

Something that no-one mentions is that with improper tuning the issue is actually compounded and is sometimes the result of the throttle shutting at high RPM due to all the ETC limitations in 13+.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Ill be testing and running the 2.4" no slip pulley next week at the track....should be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread