Belt slip problem

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Anyone have any experience with fixing belt slip with a stock lower and 2.8 upper on a whipple

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Do you have the proper sized belt? What belt tensioner are you using? Maybe try a non slip upper pulley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Yes I have the smallest belt that will fit... Stock tensioner with 100mm idler

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I have the same set up. No slip here. Carries 17.5psi to redline

Edit:
My Pulley is a Reichard Racing 2.8 that has some real grip
I run the full Billetflow 4 piece idler set
Stock tensioner
Gates HD Green Belt.

Last edited:

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
I bet that pulley helps a lot I wish I could find one for sale if not then I think I'm gonna have to do a 3.0 upper 2lb lower

cj428mach

Established Member
You should be able to hold that 2.8" upper.

The best solution is a bigger lower if you aren't concerned with running one.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
3 100mm idlers, 1 92mm idler, billetflow snub, stock lower, stock 30k mile tensioner, 2.6 pulley/22-23 pounds of boost and zero belt slip to 6700rpm.

What is your current setup and are you POSITIVE that you have the tightest fitting belt?

Last edited:

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
I have stock tensioner, stock idlers/pulleys, 2.9 whipple with 2.8" whipple pulley and billetflow 100mm snub idler and a Napa micro v belt... The next belt size down wouldn't go on I tried

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and get idlers before your stock ones "explode", and see if that helps with slip. You shouldn't be getting slip with a 2.8.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have stock tensioner, stock idlers/pulleys, 2.9 whipple with 2.8" whipple pulley and billetflow 100mm snub idler and a Napa micro v belt... The next belt size down wouldn't go on I tried

How are you attempting to put on the belt? The best way in doing this is first removing the 100mm auxiliary idler. Then put the belt on. Next take all tension off by using breaker bar on tensioner. Lastly (with tension still off) try sliding the 100mm auxiliary idler pulley back on.

Just a thought if you haven't tried yet.

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Ik I deff need idlers that's on the list... And thanks for that info bdubbs I'll have to try that and see if it works

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I learned that it should be a battle to get the right belt on if you don't want slip. So if you didn't sweat when you put the belt on, its too big.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I learned that it should be a battle to get the right belt on if you don't want slip. So if you didn't sweat when you put the belt on, its too big.

it's actually the easiest thing in the world of belts n cars....but you need that sliding whipple adjustable tensioner to see the light.

2.6" upper here with factory lower, 22psi zero belt slip for years with a factory sized 75" belt. Did I mention it's such a slick invention...you can reuse that exact same 75" belt with a 3.0" upper for your 18psi pump gas tune? LOL

if you can find it, buy it. Might be vaporware by now, however. Keep checking the market, jumop on it if you can

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
How are you attempting to put on the belt? The best way in doing this is first removing the 100mm auxiliary idler. Then put the belt on. Next take all tension off by using breaker bar on tensioner. Lastly (with tension still off) try sliding the 100mm auxiliary idler pulley back on.

Just a thought if you haven't tried yet.

Thats how i do mine.

Users who are viewing this thread