Belt squeal at start up?

florida03

Banned
Pulley squeal at start up?

Any body get this, only when the car is cold I
get a nice squeal from the pulleys the past couple of weeks.
I recentally cut the vents in the hood but heard the
hood mod does not affect anything.

Last edited:

slewis

SML COBRA
Established Member
I have the same problem. I am bringing the car in for inspection and going to have the dealership look at the problem. Let me know if you find the problem.

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
Squeel when COLD

Yeah, I too have the squeal when it's Stone cold. It all started after the radiator boiled over and coolant got all over the front of the motor. I flushed and cleaned it as best I could and it now screams until it heats up. I'm going to take the car into the dealer as this isn't right. Please advise on what you other guys find from the dealer. Something isn't right. My car is a 2004 with less than 1000 miles on it. I tried belt dressing and also flushed it with distilled water and nothing changed. Why does it scream like a bearing is going out and then stop after the engine get hot? ANY suggestions???

GLWBEAR
[email protected]:??: :??:

JaKaL

Established Member
Had it, took it to dealer and it was fixed for about a day. The pitch of the squeal is changing over time. It is going back in.

stvdman

Established Member
I had belt squeel also with stock pulley, took to dealer, replced belt, no more squeel. This was with 4000 miles on her, 2000 miles later, squeel still gone.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Mine squeaks also when cold but goes away when hot. I have the Billetflow complete set-up. Anyone know the cause of this and how to fix it?

trey193

Established Member
IF you say you cut out your hood vents is it possible the pulleys got wet at all?? When I took my car to WFC it rained the night before and got the front of my motor wet as I have removed my liner and cut my vents as well, for about 3 weeks I got the squeel on startup now its gone, most likely just some moisture in the bearings of the pulleys.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
its normal, trust me, when i had my pulley and belt it squeeled like hell!!!

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread