Belt tensioner..

Slobanator

Established Member
Are the belt tensioner arm on the 03 cobras the same as the ones on the 03 lightning??

Mine is going out and Is squeeling like a pig.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Are the belt tensioner arm on the 03 cobras the same as the ones on the 03 lightning??

Mine is going out and Is squeeling like a pig.

Yes, call Tousley Ford and tell them you want an 03 lightning tensioner, there the same and cheaper. I have one on mine. BTW Tousley is a vender on here and there price is 10% over cost.

Slobanator

Established Member
I thiught it was the tensioner pulley bearing. I sprayed some motorex joker 440 on to the pulley bearing and it went away for about an hour city driving and it came back...

I replaced the tensioner with one from a lightning which was different (atleast mine was) the pulley was smooth and not ribbed like the cobra one. I switched the tensioner and it was still screaming.

I checked all my idlers and about everything I can think of from removing some of the tensioners and even swapping some around..

It ended up being the belt.. Ugh..

For now atleast.. I haven't took her out driving yet but the squeelling is absent.

Sagittaria

Established Member
You can just replace the pulley... or even cheaper, just the bearing.

Pulley: Gates 38053 (Napa/Oreillys)
Bearing: 6203... for what brand/style... up to you. $10 and a vise/press.

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
Local O'Reily had that Gates pulley and a new belt in stock. Spent 45 minutes Sunday replacing both. Belt probably took longer to change than the pulley. 32K miles and the pulley bearing was going bad. Probably a good idea to change the pulley every time you change your blower oil.

Users who are viewing this thread