Berry Motorsports inlet on 2.1 2v

Whinee2v

Established Member
Does anyone know if the inlet will bolt on to the 2.1 2v. I've talked to Patch at Berry Motorsp. and he isn't sure if it will bolt on or if the bolt pattern is the same. I've done some research and I can't find an exact answer. He didn't want me to pay for this thing if its not gonna hook up. Neither do I. Thanks

If it does, can anyone tell me what type of TB I can use?. That will also tell me what kind of CAI I need.

lastmanstanding

Established Member
The bolt pattern on the back of the blower where the inlet bolts to is the same for the 2.1, 2.6, 2.8. There might be clearance issues with the fuel rail and intercooler fittings. The blower might need to be raised up with a spacer between the blower and intake manifold to work. You will have to use whatever throttle body the inlet is made for.

Whinee2v

Established Member
The bolt pattern on the back of the blower where the inlet bolts to is the same for the 2.1, 2.6, 2.8. There might be clearance issues with the fuel rail and intercooler fittings. The blower might need to be raised up with a spacer between the blower and intake manifold to work. You will have to use whatever throttle body the inlet is made for.

Where can I get a spacer for the blower from?

lastmanstanding

Established Member
Berry Motorsports can make you one. They list a 1/4inch one on their web site, I'm sure they can make one any thickness you want. There is a gasket between the blower and intake manifold. Separate the two, take the gasket to a machine shop and they might be able to make one for you. You can buy flat bar stock of different sizes on ebay and make one yourself if you have the skills. Or call kenne bell and see if they will sell you one from a 2.6 for a 2valve.

Users who are viewing this thread