Best bang for the buck front and rear rotors?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Can anyone tell me what the best go to rotors are for the GT-500? I changed my pads maybe 10k ago but I am seeing serious rotor wear with the Hawk ceramics, also trying to keep it cheap as the car stops fine, it's just getting loud and the brake pads are leaving a nasty edge at the top of the rotor.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Ended up going with the Stoptech Slotted rotors, seem to have very good reviews and be the better replacement over the stock rotor. Thanks Phantom. I didn't want drilled due to the tendency to "crack." Still amazed our stock rotors aren't slotted.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Glad you got what you needed! Side note, I think they have dimpled or just slotted rotors as well. I agree they should have come stock with them though!

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Glad you got what you needed! Side note, I think they have dimpled or just slotted rotors as well. I agree they should have come stock with them though!

Yeah they have slotted or cross drilled or BOTH I didn't find anything else. Anyway I'm sure the slots will help a lot. I just know cross-drilled rotors can crack a lot easier which is why Stop-Tech says "resists cracking" but on the slotted ones they say they flat out won't crack. Dimpled would be nice but haven't seen them for the GT-500 though, at least not from a good rotor\brake manufacturer. I mean rotors are huge heat-sinks after all? Right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread