Best Body Shops

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Hey guys...I just picked up an 04 cobra for a good deal but it has stripes...I need to get them painted over (bumpers, hood, roof, trunk)...what are the best body shops around here? Reasonably priced?

Thanks! :beer:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
White cobra's ftw! That is all.

Jon if you don't end up using Autopaint, my buddy is having the entire front end of his Mach repainted at a place in Weymouth. Not sure of the name of it but I'll find out for you. I guess the guy who runs the place owns a Black cobra he's repainting House of Kolors Black Metallic

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Congrats on finding a car! Not to get to far off topic but let's here some details and see some pictures of it!
Thanks man...its an 04 oxford white w/ charcoal interior, has 26k miles, steg ported blower, some other bolt ons...bought it from the original owner in RI. Only issue is it has full sonic blue racing stripes...but i got it for a good deal where the paint will make it worth it.

I'll post up pics and a build thread soon.

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
White cobra's ftw! That is all.

Jon if you don't end up using Autopaint, my buddy is having the entire front end of his Mach repainted at a place in Weymouth. Not sure of the name of it but I'll find out for you. I guess the guy who runs the place owns a Black cobra he's repainting House of Kolors Black Metallic
Autopaint seems legit...but also very expensive based on what you paid for your door work.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
While your at AutoPaint check out my black COBRA and my friend's comp orange!! We store them there:)

I worked there on and off since 2001 and was just there yesterday!!

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
While your at AutoPaint check out my black COBRA and my friend's comp orange!! We store them there:)

I worked there on and off since 2001 and was just there yesterday!!
Haha yea? Nice...I hear they do good work...but I'd rather not travel all the way to RI if possible, and they seem really expensive?

I know you get what you pay for...but there has to be a threshold of reason.

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Once its out of the body shop I'll post pics :beer:

Hoping to have wheels/coilovers/tint all done very soon as well.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Imo if your painting the bumpers, hood, roof and trunk, you might as well paint the entire car so it matches. The plastic parts on these cars fade different than the metal parts.

You should ask Nick (candy roush) who paints his car. They do A+ quality work on his car.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Everyone is buying cobras this winter. So glad i didn't get transferred out of the area. Cant wait to see what you do to this one. Good luck.

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Imo if your painting the bumpers, hood, roof and trunk, you might as well paint the entire car so it matches. The plastic parts on these cars fade different than the metal parts.

You should ask Nick (candy roush) who paints his car. They do A+ quality work on his car.
I hear ya, but I'm not worried about it...this car lived in a garage and only has 26k miles...not much fading going on.

blackedout06

Established Member
Thanks man...its an 04 oxford white w/ charcoal interior, has 26k miles, steg ported blower, some other bolt ons...bought it from the original owner in RI. Only issue is it has full sonic blue racing stripes...but i got it for a good deal where the paint will make it worth it.

I'll post up pics and a build thread soon.
Sounds like a nice car...I can't wait to see some pictures of it! GL with getting rid of the stripes as well! Summer can't come soon enough haha

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Autopaint quoted me $3500...yikes :dw:

I was thinking the $2000-$2500 range would be more than reasonable?

03' White Snake

Established Member
I bought my car with 10k on it from Arizona, also a garage queen, there is plenty of fading on the side scoops and bumpers compared to the rest of the car.

But each is there own. For $3500 you should be able to get the entire car painted.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Good paint shops are :
All Wheels, Inc. in Beverly

Keanes Auto Body in Woburn

Users who are viewing this thread