Best Bolt On Possible Here!

pennywisegt

Audio & Video Production
Established Member
alright now that I got the attention of all the bolt on freaks trying to get that extra 2-5hp to the crank to give them an edge over the crap talking supra next to them in the other lane, you should read this first. tires tires tires. most educated cobra guys know that if u wanna race u need good tires, but still a lot of guys I know in the area still get bolt ons simply to give them more power....even when they spin the hell out of the stock f1's terminating all that power they just paid for (intake, exhaust...ect.) Maybe they just get the parts for high end..i dont know. I just wanna tell the people who have all the power and think they're hot **** only to spin their tires in first. I got pirelli nero zero (same as on the new mustang) and they kick @$$. guys if u are thinking about upgrading meat...think no more. These tires....you can never spin them...ever. you know when you're around 4 grand and you're flooring it and you can slowly feel the f1's starting to spin.....ya, these zero's don't do that...and I've got 500+hp (i know, big deal kb guys). so just advice and help to the board....people who don't know a lot about ur car...and u want to go faster, you should get new tires first...it helps ur car deliver that stock "390hp" all to the ground and not through the tires. my thought is that when you can floor it and go instead of spin a little...then start to move, then you need to put bolt ons or a kb or whipple, or whatever....till you start to spin, then upgrade. and with that - i'm out.

oh ya and i'm making a siiiick new video with all new equipment, if you havn't seen my other crap (no but seriously its pretty funny) go here and click on apollo 4.6.
http://www.stangsource.com/media.cgi?page=300

thanks guys, and no i'm not a dick.
Brian

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Hmmm, well a lot of guys on here already lay down the foundation with new tires but also end up with broken halfshafts in the process! :bash:

Juiced-03

Established Member
I dont think anything short of drag radials would help me on the street. Sometimes I have traction problems from a third gear punch lol. First and second are completely useless. Cold streets dont help either though

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Juiced-03 said:
I dont think anything short of drag radials would help me on the street. Sometimes I have traction problems from a third gear punch lol. First and second are completely useless. Cold streets dont help either though
I agree. No street tire is going to hook up like a set of (Nitto) drag radials. I'm sure the Pirellis are good, but they're a compromise just like all street tires. You can't have it both ways with a street tire which is why they market drag radials.

And like you said, cold streets don't help either. :)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
What sound does a Pirelli make when it goes flat??????

wop, wop, wop

Nittos are a minimum, BFG's a skosh better and ET streets when you mean it.

pennywisegt

Audio & Video Production
Established Member
you guys, i didnt say dont buy drags, i'm just saying aftermarket tires are the best aftermarket part you can buy for the cobra...imo. i had the nitto's and they lasted me like 8,000 and were the most unsafe tires in the rain. the pirelli's....i mean duh, ya they're not anywhere near as good as the nitto 555R, but they hook up way better than stock tires. nitto's kick ass, but don't last as long as I need them to for the weather here (it's actually been raining in the OC)

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
why would they break their halfshafts?
I-CAN-STANG said:
Hmmm, well a lot of guys on here already lay down the foundation with new tires but also end up with broken halfshafts in the process! :bash:

Jpjr

Established Member
the best street tire available for our cars is the michelin PS2. it's the stock tires on porsche, ferrari, etc. also the most expensive.. go figure. the tread is damn cool though it has a drag strip as well as weather strips. kind of a comprimise if there ever was one.

that said, i'll probably be going BFG's most likely..

Users who are viewing this thread