Best budget cams

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm hoping to be putting my little 99 back together soon. I've got a forged short block, stock heads decked and planed, P1 with 3" Reichard Ultra-grip pulley, Mac long tubes, stock TB... I think my cams are shot from improper storage during the downtime. I need a budget option with the best bang for my buck. I've always heard the 96-98 have the biggest factory intake cams, but I just though that I's see if you guys had any suggestions specific to my setup before I move forward.

So, help a brother out!!

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
ford Gt Cams. they usually go for a decent price and have a good mild sound to them. I have 98 cobra intake cams in my Mach though.

The GT cams are not the best bang for buck they have very low duration and slightly higher lift. 96-98 cams are the best option for budget minded builders. Custom cams with springs/retainers will run 1500-1800 depending no how crazy you get while you can grab some 98 cams for ~250.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
The GT cams are not the best bang for buck they have very low duration and slightly higher lift. 96-98 cams are the best option for budget minded builders. Custom cams with springs/retainers will run 1500-1800 depending no how crazy you get while you can grab some 98 cams for ~250.

This was my thinking, but I wanted to be certain. Thanks for the confirmation bubba.

Users who are viewing this thread