Best CAI? K&N?

fordplay

Established Member
I am looking to get a CAI and wanted to see some opinions on good ones.

I was thinking of getting the K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit but wanted to get any suggestions.

beabout

Established Member
The K&N is not a "cold air intake" it is an open filter intake. Only intakes that put the filter into the fender "hole" are cold air.

I do have the K&N FIPK gen II and have had it for at least 3 years with no issues.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
For what it's I went the JLT RAI, easy install for a little more than the K&N.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Whatever you choose, stick with a RAI style kit. You will thank me later.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
Why is that?

It is a bitch to install in a way and also to be cleaning the filter or swaping it you will have to jack your car up in the air take the tire off and take it off!!!

Trust me I have one and I just recently bought a RAI I heard nothing but good about the RAI.

Forgot to mention if you drive your car in the rain I wouldn't suggest to put a CAI

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Forgot to mention if you drive your car in the rain I wouldn't suggest to put a CAI
please don't misinform anyone on that. while i do like the RAI much better than the CAI, the CAI will not give you any issues in regards to weather. unless you drive into a 2ft. deep puddle.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
K&N for the MFW!!! Do a search and find the , oh, I don't know, 100 polls that generally show the K&N as 4 out of 5 SVT members preference.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
I delt with both K&N and JLTs. What do I like the most? Hard to choose!!

But at the moment I have the JLT CAI and it wasnt that bad to hook it up but that shroud or little cover that goes between the t/b and the intake pipes seem a little short to me, I always think that the clamp in not fully wrapped around the JLT tube.

So far I havent had any problems at all. Runs smooth and fine.

If I was to recommend you a good one I guess buy both, go to your nearest dyno, and dyno your cobra with both. See which one gives you a better result and return the one that you werent pleased by!! Sounds crazy and stupid but hey, at least you would be 100% positive which is better with a sheet to cover it.

Tucker

Wow, thanks guys.
We have several kits for the Cobra from under hood RAI styles to huge 12" carbon fiber CAI kits.
We just had a guy run 10.7's with a JLT 12" kit. No issues there.

Jay

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I think the CAI is prettier to look at, but the RAI is easier to install and service. It also seems to be designed slightly better than the FIPK (at least the heat shield looks like it is). The CAI goes thru the fender and the actual filter points downward toward the street right in front of the front right tire. Splashing thru puddles or hitting a pothole could get water in the intake, have i seen it in person? no, but i've talked to others that experienced it firsthand through the local mustang club and changed to the RAI instead.

Love the RAI tucker.
Lord Warlock

Users who are viewing this thread