Best cam for Holley HCI 5.0?

werstlna

Established Member
So I'm finally about to start modding my '92 notch 5 speed with the Holley Systemax upper/lower intake and aluminum heads. Also will have CAI, larger MAF, equal length BBK headers, and catted BBK x-pipe with 3.73 out back. What's the best cam for this setup where I don't have to rev it to the moon to see power gains. I want to be able to feel the torque of this engine all over the rpm range.

E303 cam is an old standard with moderate improvements, but at this point I'm leaning toward a custom Ed Curtis cam or other custom grind. Is it worth the custom cam or is a shelf cam from a respected name (comp cams, crane, TFS, lunati, AFM, etc) just as good?

chris1badL

Established Member
When I had my fox, I ran a TFS stage 1 cam. It was great on the street. Made around 300rwhp. I wouldnt put a alphabet cam in it.

bullypits01

Established Member
Just depends, what are you gonna do with car? Run only n/a or shoot a lil n2o? I hear alot a people say Ed knows what he's doing. Custom grind cams usually almost always work better than off the shelf. Just tell Ed what you want and he should be able to tell you what you can get out of it.

Last edited:

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
I run an Ed curtis cam with my car and I've been very pleased with it. I really would like to see some dyno numbers and a tune on my car tho. Good guy to do business with.

Users who are viewing this thread