Best car alarm? Anyone know???

Grimlock

Established Member
For those of you who have aftermarket car alarms on your snake, could you please fill me in on what brand is the best and why? What price range am I looking at? Id like to get something that car thiefs will have a tough time with. Thanks ahead.:thumbsup:

Grimlock

Established Member
No one has an alarm on their car. I thought someone here just had their 10th Ann. stolen?

maoun

Established Member
relax man...

clifford avantguard 5 is the best alarm i've seen....i've got it on mine.

Grimlock

Established Member
Wow, thanks. I cant even define half the features this alarm offers. Im not so sure about the remote start on the stick shift though.:uh oh: I wonder if $383 is good?

Grimlock

Established Member
Sweet. Any of the alarms offer a pager like function to let you know if it goes off. Ive heard of this but have never seen one. I wonder what the range is or if it is a service that has to be paid like normal pagers?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Clifford Concept 400

I wouldnt recommend the Avantguard alarm though. My installer said several people have had the fuel pump unit fry and cause your fuel pump to shut off while you are driving. I have also read on stangnet of this happening and their motors actually blew because of this. And good luck getting Clifford to pay the bill. I guess the AG alarm has a wireless box connected to fuel pump so that if the rest of the alarm is cut, the fuel pump is still inactive and not driveable. A good idea on their part, but not a risk I would want to take.

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
My Cliford Alarm pager works upto about 500 feet in a straight line. I donno it with obstructions but it is quite impressive. I must say that the Clifford is an exceptionally excellent alarm that I would recommend to anyone.

Grimlock

Established Member
Good to know. How much did you pay for the 400?
500 feet is not bad. Im about a mile from where I park though.

Last edited:

poppakap

The Anti Rice
Established Member
How about the top of the line Viper? With the add on GPS tracking system. Any feedback on it?

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Originally posted by Grimlock
Im about a mile from where I park though.

You might get lucky if it is in a straight line. But for what it is, the range is quite impressive.

Originally posted by poppakap
How about the top of the line Viper? With the add on GPS tracking system. Any feedback on it?

Basically a Clifford system so it is an exclellent system. There are a few differences that I am not exactly clear about, but defiantly the Clifford if the your budget will allow.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
What about the viper 5 that can electrically charge the body of the car if someone keeps messing with it. I herd it will put someone on their ass. If I had five grand to blow I would have one in a heart beat. Id get my friends drunk and tell them that if they touch my car the paint changes color.

Users who are viewing this thread