Best car (new/used) under 30k

PsychoPhyr

Established Member
Ok, this is the situation: My previous car was a black 03 Cobra which was stolen about a year ago and I havent replaced it since. My wife owns a black 03 Mach1 5spd which is what we are using now. But we are looking into getting another car for, like the title says, under $30k. The deal is I dont want another Cobra. I'm having a hard time deciding what I should get in this price range. My thoughts were you guys would be full of suggestions. If you wouldn't mind tossing a couple my way with the best pics you can find of the car we would really appriciate it! :rockon: :rockon:

Oh and the Mach 1 and the old Cobra:
ourcars.jpg

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I would say a used Corvette C6 would be my choice. With the current state of GM combined with the miserable economy there are many Vette owners trying to unload their C6's quick. Amazing car for under $30k.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
How about a nice BMw M3...This way you have a nice family performance car...You may be able to step into a older M5 BMW also....depending on mileage...

makevelie187

Established Member
C5 Z06, C6 i take it your looking for another sports car, if not then theres a lot out there but if a sports car you can't go wrong with a corvette amazing cars for under 30k

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Don't flame me, but I think it would be fun to own a turbo AWD, go from one extreme (fast in a straight line, raw hp) to the other (very quick in the corners, excellent handling). Just don't get another Mustang, it will make you wish you had your Cobra.

I also agree on a C6... but that probably wouldn't be my first choice.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
If you want a refined car as far as a vettes go get a c6. Power and luxury.

If you want a raw car like a cobra get a c5Z. Faster than a ls2 c6. My Z gets 29-31mpg hwy miles and a average of 22mpg(with my heavy foot). 400+hp, low 12 sec car, handles great, 30+mpg......sounds good to me!

I have pics of mine that I made a thread about on here. "waxed my car" is the title I think.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
depends if you want a sports car of need a back seat...

c5z06 or c6 for sports car.

m3, s4, cts-v for "family" car.

Common

Established Member
Don't be crazzy, Be smart with your money, don't get another sports car in the house. I would advise you to get a certified BMW 3 series with barely any miles. Enjoy a nice car, with a great warannty and be done with it.

Plus, vettes are pain in the ass to get in and out of, would not own one as a dd.

WhiteStallionGT

I'll be in your boat about a year from now when I graduate college.

I'm leaning more towards an AWD car due to the winters here in Northern VA. I'm leaning towards to an older model S4 or an Evo.

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Don't be crazzy, Be smart with your money, don't get another sports car in the house. I would advise you to get a certified BMW 3 series with barely any miles. Enjoy a nice car, with a great warannty and be done with it.

Plus, vettes are pain in the ass to get in and out of, would not own one as a dd.
what are you overly fat?
cmon? if you really having trouble getting into and out of low cars you really should start stretching out or something LOL

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
Probly a nice low mileage EVO IX. Those cars are a blast to drive and respond to mods extremely well. They also hold there value very well.

PsychoPhyr

Established Member
wow didnt take long for the suggestions to pour in :thumbsup: Many good suggestions as well, I'm looking into the c6, cts-v as well as 3/5 series bimmers. I highly doubt im going to find a bone stock one owner supra for uner 30k lol but that would be perfect... anyone got any nice pics of the above mentioned cars? thanks guys!!

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
I have a bone stock 2006 Evo IX SE that was just traded in. It is Graphite Gray with a black/Gray alcantra/cloth interior. The guy bought it from us and before he bought it he had us take the wing off and all the badging. It has 2 sets of wheels/tires (summer winter) and is rediculously clean. ~29k miles. Were selling it for $26,900. Let me know if you are interested and ill get you some pics. The are no joke, very modable and as this one sits a super sleeper!

Users who are viewing this thread