Best clutch for 500-600hp with low pedal pressure

mgt92

Established Member
I am in the process of upgrading my trans to a T56 magnum. In my old T-45 setup I have a spec stage 2 which took alot of abuse but the pedal pressure was on/off.

I am looking for a single disk clutch that will hold 500-600hp that has "stock" like pedal pressure.

fangs99

Established Member
Centerforce DF. You can get them from Summitt for $350 shipped.
You can also look up South Bend DXD I had one...good clutch it was too soft for me. The Centerforce is a little stiffer than stock and the South Bend is as soft or a tad softer than stock and still holds 600rwhp like the Centerforce.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I had CF DF... hated it; did have light pedal pressure though. I'm thinking mccleod now. You'll find tons of opinions on clutches.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I think my old Cobra had an RPS stage 2 clutch in with the T56. Pedal was a bit stiffer than my stock '03 GT, but could still be slipped without issue when starting off. I've driven a Spec 3+ as well and that had a bit more pressure to it and wasn't as forgiving. Sat in 4 hours of traffic with that one...

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
i like my spec 3 much better than the 2 and 2+. Light pedal and its not on/off and holds my 600+hp easily

Cobertible01

Established Member
I am in the process of upgrading my trans to a T56 magnum. In my old T-45 setup I have a spec stage 2 which took alot of abuse but the pedal pressure was on/off.

I am looking for a single disk clutch that will hold 500-600hp that has "stock" like pedal pressure.

I am also in the process of looking for a clutch kit for a t56 magnum swap. What first gear are you going with out of curiosity? I can't decide if I want the 2.66 or the 2.97.

mgt92

Established Member
I am looking at the 2.97 first gear. I don't know if its easier to go with the D&D kit or piece something together myself for a few hundred cheaper. I am looking at the Quicktime blow-proof bell and dynotech aluminum driveshaft.

What clutch are you thinking of running?

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
I have a Spec stage 3+ and I really like it, to be honest I don't find it all that much harder than stock. Although I will say the engagement on the clutch is more on and off than stock was.

Cobertible01

Established Member
I am looking at the 2.97 first gear. I don't know if its easier to go with the D&D kit or piece something together myself for a few hundred cheaper. I am looking at the Quicktime blow-proof bell and dynotech aluminum driveshaft.

What clutch are you thinking of running?

Really don't know what clutch yet. I just talked to a buddy of mine who had a Spec 3 in his 03 Cobra and liked it for the engagement but he said it chattered a bit more than he liked it to. I would like something close to stock pressure feel and doesn't chatter. I like the idea of the RXT dual but it is most likely overkill for me since ! am probably only pushing 310 whp. I am also leaning more towards the 2.97 first gear magnum. I will most likely get the kit from D&D. Let me know what you will be getting.

Users who are viewing this thread