Best Clutch For Our Cars???

got_h8rs?

Established Member
what is everyone running for aftermarket clutch? ease of install? any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Mike

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
how was the install? with the McLeod you have to change the slave cylinder to the 07-09 correct? Was shimming it a pain? Hows the pedal feel compared to stock?

Thanks

I ran an RXT on my 07 Shelby and when my srock clutch goes on my 13 an RXT will be going in . The dealership installed it so can't speak for install, but pedal feel was lighter than stock.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running a Spec SS trim from Van, I love it, it has no chatter and the pedal is a little stiffer than stock, and clutch engagement is about the same as stock. You can also do the P-trim if you want something a little stronger.

got_h8rs?

Established Member
I'm running a Spec SS trim from Van, I love it, it has no chatter and the pedal is a little stiffer than stock, and clutch engagement is about the same as stock. You can also do the P-trim if you want something a little stronger.

Did the spec bolt right up no shimming?

got_h8rs?

Established Member
Yup, it's a direct bolt in clutch comes with a flywheel and everything. You can run your factory slave cylinder.

Great!! Any install tips? Would you have done the p clutch if you could do it again? What is break in period like? Thanks again for the input

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Me and clutches don't get along. I hope this one holds.

95BD77E5-CC1C-4A30-AB74-7D31E8CF1003_zpsckqyhitj.jpg

54C79C99-2528-4035-83F4-AFB3485D70C8_zpsf3nsipng.jpg

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
if I didn't dragrace and kill them. I'm sure the stock clutch would still be holding. One or 2 hard runs and it slips over 5k when the tires grip hard, the diaghpram pressure gets weak from the heat and then it's all down hill from here. This should do the trick. However this WILL require shimming as it's smaller than stock height and closer to the motor depth wise.

Softballer77

Established Member
I'm running the Ace clutch now as well. Have about 2k miles on it or so? Twin disk. Came with aluminum flywheel. Whole getup was 35lbs...23lbs lighter than stock. It's completely rebuildable AND no break-in period according to Daryll at Ace. Put it in, race same day.

Pedal was lighter initially but then I pulled the spring so that made it a little heavier again. Clutch engagement is closer to floor than stock. Very slight chatter when you do a low rev take off. Twin disk is rated to 1150lbs of torque. Centrifugal clamps add 15% greater clamping force at speed. It's quite the work of art...

GTR High Performance put mine in. They were impressed with it, and I think they mainly push Mcleods (which is still a great clutch as well).

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running the Ace clutch now as well. Have about 2k miles on it or so? Twin disk. Came with aluminum flywheel. Whole getup was 35lbs...23lbs lighter than stock. It's completely rebuildable AND no break-in period according to Daryll at Ace. Put it in, race same day.

Pedal was lighter initially but then I pulled the spring so that made it a little heavier again. Clutch engagement is closer to floor than stock. Very slight chatter when you do a low rev take off. Twin disk is rated to 1150lbs of torque. Centrifugal clamps add 15% greater clamping force at speed. It's quite the work of art...

GTR High Performance put mine in. They were impressed with it, and I think they mainly push Mcleods (which is still a great clutch as well).

They definitely sound like a great clutch. I'm loyal to Van witch is why I bought the spec, but it sounds like the ACE clutch would be something to possibly look at in the future.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I plan on keeping the 3:31 gears for now. so that's the only reason I went triple disc. It was a tossup to go with the 3.73 and the twin disc or the triple and the stock gears.

The ace has adjustable pedal release height depending on what shims you place under the slave cylinder. more shims, the lower the pedal release, less shims, higher the release

another reason why I went with this is I hate the top pedal release. I need it more mid throw oriented.

***Also, out of the blue. I got a call from ACE clutches today telling me not to install the clutch in the pic I posted. It's missing the spacer between the side arms. I checked it and he's right. there are 3 small aluminum spacers missing that should be in there to center the straps. ***

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread