Best CNC Heads on the market?

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Ok I've done some searching on here, but I'm not yet finding what I'm looking for. I'm getting ready to spend some decent cash on the wifes 2010 GT and H/C/I swap is the route I'm going. What I'm looking for here are some opinions on what heads, and cams are the best ones on the market. My mind is already set on the FRPP intake manifold because I truly believe it is the best bang for the buck, but I'm not sure how the FRPP heads, and cams measure up with other stuff available on the market. Just haven't done that much homework on the 3V motors.

So here it is, what's you best recommendation for power, performance, and sound for the wifes 3V. Opinions are welcome as much as real world performance numbers. Thanks in advance for your input.

btw, I'm not interested in "strap a blower on it for the money" The car is staying N/A.

usafimj

Established Member
FRPP heads are overpriced. I think I read somewhere that FRPP heads are similar to Livernois. Look into Livernois, fox lake, bbr for heads. As for cams I like bbr stage II or comp stage II/III

SheizaSoSay

Established Member
Frpp had livernois make their heads and are just as screwed up as livernois. I'm about 99% sure MMR heads are in the same boat. If you want reliable heads use RGR or Fox Lake heads. RGR are serious business heads and Fox Lake are awesome too. Fox Lake works the ports so as to minimize low end loss common with extremely high flowing heads. If I were to build a NA car for a strong street car I would do fox lake heads with a comp cams 127300 cam, a set of long tubes with an xpipe and a good cai and dyno tune. Maybe some under drive pullies and a cv jointed driveshaft like DSS or Pst and put a strong gear in it and start shedding weight with some badass bogart wheels and lightweight seats and go raping some bitches. Stay far away from FRPP heads, Livernois heads and MMR. I have read literally 4 DISASTER stories with those heads.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
RGR stage 3 heads and comp 127600 cams will net you HUGE increases in power, but i would look at the JPC intake manifold over the FRPP if you have the money...

you would be looking well over 400rwhp with that combo which is in the low end supercharger power numbers.

i have FRPP heads, 127200 cams and the C&L intake manifold and i just ticked over 350whp. im going to swap the cams out for something larger and add 100 shot to it to see where im at, but i mostly track my car so the nitrous is really just for the local street races.

SheizaSoSay

Established Member
RGR stage 3 heads and comp 127600 cams will net you HUGE increases in power, but i would look at the JPC intake manifold over the FRPP if you have the money...

you would be looking well over 400rwhp with that combo which is in the low end supercharger power numbers.

i have FRPP heads, 127200 cams and the C&L intake manifold and i just ticked over 350whp. im going to swap the cams out for something larger and add 100 shot to it to see where im at, but i mostly track my car so the nitrous is really just for the local street races.

Yeah I would have to agree with you about the JPC intake from what I have read. They did a comparison between the JPC, FRPP and one other...maybe C&L? Can't remember, but I do remember that the JPC one was legit and made a real difference while the others showed a gain. Found it Three-Valve Intake Manifold Dyno Test - Three's A Crowd - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

JPC wins, but I like the idea of FRPP being lighter and has less heat soak due to the composite contruction. Well at least you can enjoy some reading.

Users who are viewing this thread