Best coil-over suspension kit?

OzLightning

Established Member
HI Guys,

I'm about to join the '03 ranks and say goodbye to my '01. My next step on the '01 was going to be coil over conversion if I kept it.

Being as there's quite a few choices out there I though I'd get some feedback on as many of them as possible. I'm most likely to go Kenny Brown for the rest of the suspension/chasis as with my '01 if it helps.

I know there's KB, Maximum Motorsport, Griggs and few others perhaps.

opinions?

Oz

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'd vote for Maximum Motorsports. If you're REALLY into handling, Griggs is probably slightly better, but at a hefty price.

OzLightning

Established Member
03 DSG Snake - Thanks, my research seems to point towards Griggs, had a look at their website and I'm impressed. I'm not going to hold back on the $$ for this one, I want my '03 to be top notch in the handling dept. Having owned an M3, which has updated AC schnitzer suspension for 6 years, I'm keen to get the '03 setup right.

Bingo13

Established Member
I think MM is still better than Griggs for our cars. I have had both supplier's products and on this car I would go for MM. :D

OzLightning

Established Member
Perhaps I need to do a poll on MM vs. Griggs. They both seem like capable packages from what I understand. I know MM are a bigger outfit compared to Griggs. I'm still up in the air then I guess.

six speed

Established Member
What is the best packages for the 03' mm griggs I need to buy coil over or spring fast please help. I've done the caster camber plates and subs from mm know I need the rest HELP every body think there is the best when I call? Done the bushing in the rear subs and IRS too. Does anybody know on this sight I've been to two open trace events and need better handling.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by six speed
What is the best packages for the 03' mm griggs I need to buy coil over or spring fast please help. I've done the caster camber plates and subs from mm know I need the rest HELP every body think there is the best when I call? Done the bushing in the rear subs and IRS too. Does anybody know on this sight I've been to two open trace events and need better handling.

MM 425lb Front Coil Overs with their Bilstein Race Struts
MM 650lb Rear Coil OVers with their Bilstein '00R Shocks
MM Front Sway bar, Control Arm, and Steering Rack bushings
MM Aluminum Rack Bushings
KB Front Tower Strut Brace
William Mathis IRS bracket modification
Options-
MM Front Sway Bar End Links
MM LCA
Griggs K-Member
KB rear shock tower brace
KB rear steering kit
Brake System Upgrade
"R" compound tires
A healthy does of track time and instruction- ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread