Best compromise tire

cassini_rings

Cassini
Established Member
I've read lots of threads on tires for Terminators and am still torn. I have lots of suspension mods but still have some moderate wheel hop. Currently running Michelin's (not PS) all around. I'll be adding more hp with a Steigemeier port job done this Spring and want to reduce my wheel hop with a new Spring/Summer rear tire. My concern is rain safety. I certainly don't want to kill myself driving this daily driver in the rain. What's the best compromise tire, the Nitto 555R's, BFG KDW's, or GS3's.

-Pat

Established Member
This is a weird story but here we go. I got a flat tire and needed to get my car towed to a shop because I didn't have my spare tire one me (like a dumbass). So the tow truck takes me to the nearest tire shop and it just happened to be a Hankook tire dealer. All they offered were Hankook tires. So I asked the manager for the best tire they carried in a 275/40/17 and he brings out these Hankook Ventus HRII's. He say $200 bucks for both mounted and balanced and said they were the best tires he had in stock. What the hell I go for it. 5000 miles later I couldn't be happier. I hardly have any wheel hop and when I punch it in 2nd gear I have traction. From a dig 1st gear is still a lot of spin but soon as 2nd gear hits it's instant traction. In the rain they ride well and I'm really happy with them. Good luck I'm sure there's a lot of tires out there that work really well for any type of application other than those 3 you listed above. I've heard really good things about the Kumho Ecsta's also. You might want to look into those.

Users who are viewing this thread