best engine to put into 1993 cobra

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Nordi,

I personally have 40K mi on my 347 and it still runs strong. Getting 475fwhp with an Xcam is very wishful thinking. You definitely need a custom.

BigZach,

HiTech Motorsports in Houston had a 347 that put 455 to the tire with some fairly streetable parts. This was a while ago so there might be 347s out there that throw down more. Realistically if it's done right you should be able to get 380-400rwhp or so without much hassle.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by love bandit2
Make it intresting and put in a supercharged DOHC 4.6.

I second the motion....... :thumbsup: A Modular D.O.H.C on a 93 Cobra would really be diff. and original....And would also kick arse....:burnout:

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
93 347 Cobra, sorry, I was only going on what I have read and heard. I'm glad your 347 is doing well, hopefully you have one with no bugs. I changed my route a little bit on cars for now. I bought a 79 Capri Ghia. It was a 302 auto factory. Not anymore! I just finished and installed a 377 stroker. :-D I also have a C-4 out of a Bronco that every piece inside (including converter is new), with a shift kit. It is supposed to be making around 450 HP. Here is a list of a few things in the engine: Edelbrock 750 double pumper, Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake, World Products heads (2.02 intake, 1.60 exhaust), 1.6 roller rockers, Comp Cam, and long tubes. It is still in the break-in period so I am not running it too hard. However from a dead stop, I can give it about a quarter throttle goose and smoke the tires through first gear. Can't wait to actually run it.

Users who are viewing this thread