Best/Favorite Cruise Line

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
So my wife and I are avid all-inclusive resort travelers, and been tossing around the idea of mixing in a cruise for a change. She went on one back when she was younger, but I myself have never been on one. We are most interested in a Caribbean cruise. I have been researching it, and talked to a couple people who swear by the Royal Carribean line, The Oasis of the seas in particular. Was just curious for those who cruise, what you like best, and pros and cons of each.

Thanks

KEVINS

Established Member
I've used Norwegian several times and have zero complaints with their cruises including the Caribbean cruise I took.

ks

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
The wife and I have found, like anything else, the cruise is what you make of it, no matter what the name on the side of the ship says.

If you expect too much or let little things piss you off, you probably will not enjoy yourself. If you can go with the flow, tolerate some shortcomings and some rude people, you should have a Great time.

Our favorite part of the cruise are the stops and/or shore excursions. In fact, we have learned the longer you stay off the ship, exploring all the areas you can on shore (shops, restaurants, market areas, landmarks, etc) the more memorable the cruise.

mcaligiuri

Established Member
Norwegian, I like that you can eat whenever you want. I'm on vacation I want to do things on my time not a schedule. Overall the experience to Bermuda was great. Wife didnt like it as much as me because there wasnt much to do on the boat besides eat and tan. However she did like the excursions. I like to sit and relax on vacation so it was great.

nxhappy

Established Member
they are all pretty good. For the past few years we have been cruising with NCL. Pretty awesome when you can drink for free !

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Never been on a scheduled cruise. Being retired we like to go on our own schedule which is usually a month or so. Maybe someday when we slow down.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Royal Caribbean.

But for me cruises are meh, too much itinerary/schedules. We do all-inclusives way more than cruises, do what you want, when you want.

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been on Holland America out of Ft Lauderdale, which was my first cruise. There were nothing but old, old people on it and the food wasn't served as often as I would have liked. That being said I did enjoy being on the ship more than I thought. The excursions were ok and I did some snorkeling in the Caymans and all that stuff. I don't like touristy type stuff though so most of the stops I would have been fine staying on the ship.
I enjoyed the late evenings sitting on the back deck of the ship with a drink and just staring at that big sky and big ocean. My fiancé and I did that every night and just hung out and it was great.
We are flying to Miami in the summer to try Royal Caribbean. The fact I'm willing to go on another is big for me, so they can be enjoyable, but like Booky said, it's more about what you make of it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I prefer the Royal Caribbean Oasis/Quantum classes.

**** having a schedule tho. Other than a show or two at night, we don't gameplan anything.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise a few years ago and really liked it. I don't know why some of you are complaining about scheduled, we pretty much did what we wanted when ever we wanted.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise a few years ago and really liked it. I don't know why some of you are complaining about scheduled, we pretty much did what we wanted when ever we wanted.

You can do things when you want if that's what you choose. But when they slide an itinerary sheet of all the next days activities under your door every night, they now become planned events. At least to my wife they do...

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I never tried a cruise, But love the Sandals resorts! We just got back from Barbados 3 weeks ago. 10 sandals trips to 8 different resorts and 6 different islands.

Rare40th

Established Member
I've been on close to 10 cruises and by far the Allure of the Seas was the best one. The ship has so much to offer between aqua shows, theater shows, zip line, wave rider etc. that even the 8 day cruise was just barely enough time to explore it. Plus the island destinations. I also enjoyed Disney and Carnival wasn't too bad, however for Carnival I'd go for the newer Vista ship or whatever its called.

The dinner situation is dependent on what you want to do. The ships have so many restaurants and buffets that you don't necessarily have to dine at a certain restaurant or time. In fact, on the Allure and the last Carnival cruise we usually skipped dinner time and just had reservations. I think the only night it actually matters is Formal Night (if you care to do that).

The other upside to the Allure, Oasis and Harmony ships is that they're all about 1150-1200 ft in length and almost 180 ft wide so you never feel the ship rock.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've been on Royal Caribbean, and carnival.

The most recent was carnival, and while it was fun I was getting a bit anxious with all the people everywhere all the time. If I were to do a cruise again, I'm getting one with a deck so I can sit in quiet and watch the water.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I haven't been on a cruise (like some people on here stated I also don't like itineraries on my vacations) but I plan to do one soon because the wife wants to. A coworker of mine has been on over a dozen and has tried a bunch of different ones and swears by Royal Caribbean so that's what we'll do.

Coiled03

Established Member
I've been on two Carnival cruises. Would not recommend.

I'd like to take my daughter on a Disney cruise. Though for some reason, I thought they were run by Carnival. If so, I may have to reconsider.

Users who are viewing this thread