Best fitting mid-pipe option.

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
I'm looking at buying an off road H or X pipe and was curious if anyone has had any fitment or leaking issues with Lethal's or BBR's off road road pipes? It looks to me like the slip fit connections may cause the possibility of a leak especially where the two halves of the H pipe join together on the Lethal pipes. The BBR off road X pipe has a ball and socket connection before the X on the driver's side which looks less likely to leak.
I haven't personally seen any of these pipes on a new 5.0 before and this is all speculation on my part, so anyone with either brand's mid pipe care to chime in and relieve some of my worries? Also I'm not trying to rip on any of Lethal's products at all, just want to make sure I make a smart purchase.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Lethal's X or H pipe for sure, ive heard too many horror stories about BBK and other vendors pipes not fitting will and needing to be altered

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
^^

I had Bad fitment issue with Lethal Performance's X pipe on my 13

Ended up having to cut the stock over axel pipes about 3inches JUST for it to align right. The shop i was at mentioned that they had a few others with lethals pipe that had to do the same thing.

BBR's mid pipe fits like a glove, id go that route

ViciousJay

Established Member
^^

I had Bad fitment issue with Lethal Performance's X pipe on my 13

Ended up having to cut the stock over axel pipes about 3inches JUST for it to align right. The shop i was at mentioned that they had a few others with lethals pipe that had to do the same thing.

BBR's mid pipe fits like a glove, id go that route

really? when i had my lethal h it slipped on like a glove and ive heard the BBK's were horrid in fitment quality. I guess theres monday built parts and mid week built parts :lol1:

ATFPat

Established Member
Hate to jack the thread but will the off road pipe and even a pipe with high flow cats set off an engine code? Sorry to jack the thread.

LETHALITY

Established Member
Catless X & H Pipe will set off a CEL because of the O2 sensors. I don't think the high flows will, however you won't see much if anything out of them.

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm not asking about BBK's exhaust I'm asking about BBR's or Blow By Racing's. BBK has always seemed like a really cheap option when it comes to aftermarket parts, and frankly you get what you pay for. So anyone else with the BBR off road X care to comment?

conway2004

Established Member
Not first hand experience but saw a lot of guys saying the lethal H pipe did not fit right.
I spoke with someone at lethal performance about 2 weeks ago and he stated that the figment issues had been corrected. Getting ready to order one myself.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just to clarify we offer 2 versions of our x and h pipes. Stainless and aluminized. Our aluminized pipes have NEVER had any fitment issues whatsoever. We were the first to market them and shortly after companies like Greyhound and BBR started offering them as they purchase parts from the same manufacturer. This is only for the aluminized x as we have an exclusive on the aluminized H after we got backdoored on the x's.

In the last few months we started offering stainless offroad x and h pipes. These pipes are manufactured by JBA. We experienced a few fitment issues which have since been resolved.

The reason for me bringing this up is that I don't want people to think that there's issues with the original aluminized pipes or the revised stainless pipes and if there was I'd like to know about it. If there is we will indeed stand behind the products we sell and make sure that it's taken care of.

With that said hopefully those speaking of the fitment issues are indeed referring to the stainless pipes manufactured for us by JBA which had some issues when they were first released. As mentioned all of those issues have been resolved.

If you have any other question please feel free to give me a call and I'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks,
Jared

Last edited:

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. I am leaning towards getting the stainless H from Lethal.

Question for Jared: the H is a four piece design (I'm assuming for shipping purposes and to leave people with the option to use the factory catted down pipes), have you guys seen leaking from all of those points where the pipes connect? Also what kind of connectors do you use and does the pipe come with all the appropriate hardware to install?

On another note does anyone know if BBR's off road X is available in stainless or is it aluminized only?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the help guys. I am leaning towards getting the stainless H from Lethal.

Question for Jared: the H is a four piece design (I'm assuming for shipping purposes and to leave people with the option to use the factory catted down pipes), have you guys seen leaking from all of those points where the pipes connect? Also what kind of connectors do you use and does the pipe come with all the appropriate hardware to install?

On another note does anyone know if BBR's off road X is available in stainless or is it aluminized only?

The stainless X and H we offer are 3 piece designs. The X and H sections are 1 piece and then the legs equal the 2 additional pieces. This pipe installs exactly how the stock midpipe does using the OEM clamps. It does however comes with new hardware for where the legs connect to the manifolds. None of these connections should leak.

To answer your other question the X pipe that BBR sells is the same aluminized X pipe that we designed and came to market with. They just happen to purchase it through another distributor.

Jared

I'm new to Mustangs I want an x pipe on mine but I do not want to tune. What all do I need?

You're going to need a tune to prevent throwing a check engine light and to fully benefit from removing the cats.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Lethal stainless x here. Fit ok, could have been ~0.75" shorter on the axle side. It pushed the axle pipes back about the same amount or more compared to the factory pipe. Thankfully the roush mufflers have adjustable tips. Another muffler setup and I would have returned the pipe. I like the 3 piece deign of the lethal pipe but it's clear they have/had fixturing issues at the factory.

If I were buying one today I'd go JPC, mad in USA. America **** yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread