Best Front Splitter for High Speeds

Softballer77

Established Member
With all the 1/2 mile and mile events grabbing more traction all the time, wondered how the most common front splitters are effecting top speeds.

The factory one as I understand it was developed to allow the car to do 200mph and stay on the ground; however, the Shelby carbon fiber unit seems to be a popular choice as well as a few others out there like the one from APR with adjustable rods, etc.

Also, most do not like the clearance issues with the bottom half of our stock splitters and remove them. (I did). Does this create a dangerous condition when say exceeding 170mph or so?

I have not heard of anyone having any lift issues at high speeds in our cars, but wonder what the mile guys are running in hitting 200 and beyond.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm running the Carbon spliter from Shelby. I'm not a huge carbon fan but it compliments the Shelby wide body kit. As for construction, it's extremely light weight and it's structural design is very strong! I'm not a huge top speed guy so once I make an event I'll have more info to share.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm also running the supersnake carbon splitter. I know the 13/14 splitter is good for down force also.

Users who are viewing this thread