best headers

SaleenShelby

Established Member
What are the best headers for the 2V? I am looking at best performance gains and the difficulty to install. O and I have a Magna-Flow X-pipe w cats and the headers need to fit that.

Thanks

dalamar_96

Established Member
I read an article in MM&FF where they bolted on and dyno'd like 7-8 short hedders on a GT, and there was only like 3 HP increase best and loss of HP on others - on the stock N/A motor. I think you can gain like 5-10 out of long tubes, but I dont like the ground clearance of the pipes going around the bellhousing.
Also, KB says that the stock exhaust manifold flows well. (even though it looks like a POS)

For installation - it's tight in there. Most people will say that you have to drop the K member to do hedders. I believe that, I just did heads on my 96 and just getting the manifolds back on was a SOB.

So, thats why my car has full exhaust with those beautiful rusty exhaust manifolds. I dont think their worth spending $ on when they dont to anything for power, plus no one ever see's them.

Thats on a N/A Motor, if you've got forced induction - Bassani Mid lenghts are the best pick in my opinion!

dalamar_96

Established Member
You'll love em once you get past the price. My friend just put em on his 02 Roush and loves them. Says they fit awsome ect...

On your car:
what year is it? How do you like it?
Whats the power on the 281E?

Post some pix if u got em.

SaleenShelby

Established Member
My car is a 2002 S281-e conv. And I love it. As for the power I haven’t dynoed it yet but the 2003 E’s get 416.6 RWHP stock (according to MMFF) and mine has been changed to 2003 specs. So I am expecting that if not more. Here are some pics.
0308mm_hollywood02_z.jpg

022_23A.gif

dalamar_96

Established Member
Very nice, So you've got the saleen/magnacharger thats nice too. great power curve.
Beautify car - you've got my favorite color: Berilium orange.
car looks amazing

AZROUSH01

Established Member
I've got the Roush with Bassani Mid-lengths on it.

The mid-lengths work great, really helped the 2V get some high end breathing, works well with the Roush side exhaust, maybe better with you Saleen rear exit, as I lost some lower torque due to not cats, and the SLP x-pipe...but the sound is worth it !!

Also, change out the drive shaft to aluminum if you haven't done that already, makes a differance.

I've done other mods to the motor, AccuFab/70MM, Steeda timing kit, and Roush cold air kit...everything is working great together..getting the Roush dyno'ed next week.

SaleenShelby

Established Member
Thanks for all the info, on this thread and the others to. I was at the show but not very long.

Were you going to dyno the car? I am looking for a place to get a dyno tune.

Users who are viewing this thread