Best heads and valvetrain components?

term

Established Member
Ok, some of you know about my cobra ticking issue. I don't see many sites that sell heads and valvetrain components for our cars.

Can anyone point me to a site that sells heads or should I just order the ford drivers side head unit ($1100 with valves, cam, etc)

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
If your very nice and talk to ford and send letters or even talk to your orginal dealer. They have feel good money to customers they might help you on the cost basically sell it to you for cost

I have heard of this many times. Not for this particular deal.

There is many ford warehouses on net to check for parts though. I have bought a few at half the cost.

561-454-1843 8am to 5pm est
Mike Arsenault <[email protected]>

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For $200, or so, more send your heads out to get a mild port job (or wild if you want). From what I have read on different forums when the heads are ported most good porters will address the tick. This is just internet gossip, you may want to call a trusted head porter and ask for sure.

If you have to pay for a new head, you might as well get an upgraded piece. IMHO

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Term - Apparently from this post you must have removed your head and ultimately discovered what the problem was. Please give us the low down, or have I missed it in another post?

U.M.

term

Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
Term - Apparently from this post you must have removed your head and ultimately discovered what the problem was. Please give us the low down, or have I missed it in another post?

U.M.

Nope! My mechanic was playing with the other valvetrain stuff to see if he could fix it without a new head. I told him to just forget it and pull the head! I want to see all the cyls and make sure there is no damage then I will buy a whole new head assembly.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Did you do a leak down test? I thats a standard item in my book so I know condition of ring seating and such also tells me if there is a score in the cyl wall because durning the leak down your turn the engine over.

Also tells you if you have problem with a intake or exhaust valve to and what cyl.

Users who are viewing this thread