Best High Flow Catted H-pipe

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Well I need some advise, I am looking for 2 1/2 or 3" catted "H" not X pipe. I know of BBK and Mac but I want a stainless steal pipe instead. Any help would be very usefull.:??:

Rwick7

Established Member
Good Luck...I'm not sure there is a stainless H on the market.

I would like to find a 3" catted H anyone know where I could get one?

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
They are not easy to find!!

I've been looking for one forever. I wanted to just get a BBK H-pipe and some flows like my other car, but apparently they don't make them for the 99+ cars. The only way I've found to do it is to get long tube headers and the short h-pipe to match. Any other ideas?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I want the H

Mac makes it, but I've heard the sound with the cats and its designed seems to make the exhaust quiet. Also I'm not a big fan of Mac's quality, I'm surprise that I bought their cat-back which I'm happy with so far, I haven't heared anything about their performance and long lived time frame on there cats(anyone)? Bassini on the other hand cats seem to be right up our alle, but they only make the x, which I've had and don't like the sound just mo. Magnaflow has a 3" x pipe now, which are stainless which is nice also. Sucks there isn't many companys offering the H. I want the H man........:cuss:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
StlBlack03, I just notice you have the Magnaflow x cat pipe and you are looking for the 3" h also. Which order did your install the cat back first, both the same time, or the x pipe first. Did and do you like the x pipe sound.;-)

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
03SonicSnake, I see you are thinking about the Flows for a cat back. Ya might want to think about the Mac's systems which sound very similar to the Flows and will out flow the Flows. Also they make the 3" inch kits for the Cobra's which I have and like, they list for 450 I think.:beer:

Rwick7

Established Member
The X-pipe is okay...I would like to try a 3" H. I tried to put on a pro-chamber but couldn't get it to fit right.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
My brother in laws' pro chamber feel a part. A couple of the welds gave way inside the chamber, they did open heart sergery and welded her back shut, f'n Mac...:gt:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
It seems like X is the "thing" now. I'd also prefer a 2.5" or 3" SS catted H-pipe.

Anyone sell a non catted one maybe? I can get collector plates in Ohio since it's not a daily driver and it's limited production. Then I won't have to go through any emissions... I'd rather just get the cats though.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
The X-pipe is okay...I would like to try a 3" H. I tried to put on a pro-chamber but couldn't get it to fit right.
I understand MAC is making a ProChamber that fits with the '03 T-56...

Users who are viewing this thread