Best Hooking 20in Tires?

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
The topic says it all. What kind of tires are you guys with 20's running and how well do they hook on the street? I realize there aren't many choices out there and I've read many reviews, but I'd rather hear some input from you guys.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
well i know dunlop sp sport 9000's suck ass. im looking for a 20" tire right now that has "some" hookup for the street.

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
Are you gonna mount those on the replica wheels in your sig? If I am not mistaken, I believe that all 20 inch replicas are 9 inches wide. A 305 will be too wide for that rim. My wheels are also 9 inches, so I've researched that a bit. However, they do make those in 295/45/20. From what I understand, the traditional tread actually hooks up a bit better than the new tread does. The old tread comes in 295/40/20. I think that's what I'm gonna go with. Anyway, thanks for the help man.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
i was looking at tirerack and all the specs.. it said that the 305 would fit on the 9" rim only if it was a 305/50....

i am running 295/40 dunlop sp sport 9000's right now and they are hard as a rock.

Users who are viewing this thread