Best line lock kit?

svts197jag

boostang
Established Member
Hey what's up guys looking to get a line lock set up for my 07 gt500. What you guys recommend any write up for installation?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
This:
http://www.vmpperformance.com/product-p/cfm-6-0800.htm

Dual solenoids, DOT lines, failsafe system. Have it on my 2009 GT500.

That is a very nice kit, no doubt about it, but I gotta wonder if the extra $120 is really worth it. Has there really been any documented failures in single solenoid kits to justify it? All it does is hold the line pressure to the front brakes for a few seconds. I could understand the VMP kit if you're running a big tire, big power car but for a small tire street/strip car my personal opinion is that it's overkill. The JPC / SLP kits use stainless steel lines also so really the VMP kit is just splitting the system into individual sides over the others that handle both sides with one solenoid.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
That is a very nice kit, no doubt about it, but I gotta wonder if the extra $120 is really worth it. Has there really been any documented failures in single solenoid kits to justify it? All it does is hold the line pressure to the front brakes for a few seconds. I could understand the VMP kit if you're running a big tire, big power car but for a small tire street/strip car my personal opinion is that it's overkill. The JPC / SLP kits use stainless steel lines also so really the VMP kit is just splitting the system into individual sides over the others that handle both sides with one solenoid.
I have a SLP single and yes, it failed once, early on. Solenoid was changed and I have never had another problem, but yeah... It failed. It'll get your attention and that of the starter.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have a SLP single and yes, it failed once, early on. Solenoid was changed and I have never had another problem, but yeah... It failed. It'll get your attention and that of the starter.

HAHAHA, I bet it did... That's a hell of an oh shut moment for the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread