Best method for tune after mods?

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I have the engine torn down to install primarily my Posi blower and 4 lb caged lower from WS6JJP. Also swapping the plugs for NGK TR6, SCT 2600 maf, KB BAP, Reishe T-Stat, cylinder head cooling mod, 3.2 alternator pulley, JLT pre-filter & catch can, replace the accessory belt, clean the intercooler and detail engine/compartment while it's apart, etc. Couple other things too but these are the major ones.

I'm in northeast Florida so the good new is I have Justin at VMP not too far away (within and hour and a half) and a couple of others in JAX/St Aug but VMP is definitely my first choice.

Since I'm swapping the injectors and maf i can't just fire it up and drive it there. I know some handhelds support changing injectors but never heard of one being able to change maf? The car came with a Hypertech III but I think it's a pretty basic flash dinosaur.

If I could use a handheld to change the fan parameters, set maf and injectors then I believe I could drive it to the tuner. No aggressive driving, I have a wideband for piece of mind. Does this sound possible? Do any tuners rent a handheld or is there such a program where the tuner would send you a handheld with a program to get the car to them? Take a deposit for the handheld and tune then apply it towards the dyno/tune session?

Trying to figure out if I tow it there, program with handheld then pay a second time for dyno/tune.

What have you done and what is realistic?

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Figure out which tuner you are going with and what software they are using, then they can email you a startup tune that you can then upload onto the appropriate handheld tuner.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Figure out which tuner you are going with and what software they are using, then they can email you a startup tune that you can then upload onto the appropriate handheld tuner.

Bingo!^^

Give Justin a call, give him your mod list and he will send you a tune so you can drive to his shop for a dyno tune.
You will need a SCT hand held tuner. Justin can send you one preloaded with the proper tune if you done have one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread