Best Mods For 4.6 Aluminator Long Block?

Soybean55

Established Member
1996-01 Mustang Cobra 4.6L 4V Ford Racing "Aluminiator" Long Block For Naturally Aspirated Applications, M-6007-A46na at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

This is the engine that came with my Cobra when I bought it. it was dynod at 334 HP with a kn intake, Midpipe, and Magnaflo Exhaust. Currently has a safe tune on it according to previous owner. I Have added UD Pulleys and Intake spacer and 3:73 since dyno. What are some other mods that could bring me around up or around 400 Hp at the crank? Plan to stay N/A. I appreciate any feed back since I'm pretty new at car modding.

Soybean55

Established Member
Was also thinking about doing the A/C Delete kit as well? Any Input I dont use the ac anyways just drop the top.

71catruck

Established Member
No reasone to take it off Realy besides saving weight. And I would keep it for those hot humid days in stop and go traffic in NC. With the ac off it won't take up any power.

Soybean55

Established Member
Thanks for the replies:pepper: Any idea on sets of cams price and how much is it to get the intake ported? Would Lt's make a difference? How much gain could be expected with a ported intake? Do you guys know of anybody of who has dyno results of this engine with some mods Ive been searching found nothing. This wouldnt have been my first choice for a motor but it came with the car and had about 15k on it. Once again thanks for the help.

GoatSlayer

Banned
Thanks for the replies:pepper: Any idea on sets of cams price and how much is it to get the intake ported? Would Lt's make a difference? How much gain could be expected with a ported intake? Do you guys know of anybody of who has dyno results of this engine with some mods Ive been searching found nothing. This wouldnt have been my first choice for a motor but it came with the car and had about 15k on it. Once again thanks for the help.

Yes longtubes always make a difference

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
You are actually pretty close to 400 at the crank assuming a 15% loss. That would be 340 at the wheels. Longtubes, a PSR, and cams would wake it up a bit though. You would not regret doing that.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
you're already 400Fwhp but to get closer to 400Rwhp you'll have to add long tubes, cams and a short runner intake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread