Best new thing for a 2v!!!

TJ@RPMtrans

Established Member
Looks like 4V head swaps will be a lot more rare. Trick Flow is releasing a set of 2V heads that flow more than ported PI heads out of the box and when ported will rival 4v heads at less cost and lots less weight. I will try and post up some links but I found the info on some other mustang forums. They are a trick piece with the intake valve being moved over to the other side of the cam. Also the cam towers are removable so that if something happens to the engine and starves the top of the engine for oil you can just replace the cam tower not the whole head.

I know that I was considering a 4V swap and I won't even think about it now...

FordFanStan

Established Member
As I have mentioned, DMP will be a big dealer for these new heads and all Trick Flow products. We will provide some good data to go along with the new heads once we receive them. FFS

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
What are they claiming these heads flow? Ford GT/GT500 heads stock are flowing almost 280 intake and 213 exhaust at .500 lift

FordFanStan

Established Member
Right out of the box "as cast", meaning the non ported versions are flowing 240cfm intake and approx 190cfm iirc on exhaust. There is no way you can directly and fairly compare 2v to 4v fuzz :poke: Like I said though, those are the "as cast" versions. Soon they will have some specs from the TFS "R" series which will be fully 5 axis cnc ported heads, I am thinking 260/200 might not be out of reach, maybe even more? :rockon: So in fact these heads are going to be awesoem, not only will they flow damn near what the GT heads will flow, but we aren't going to lose all the torque you did by going 4v :p

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
How much TQ is can you actually use in a leaf spring truck??? Somewhere around 700ftlbs and your starting to have serious suspension issues. I dont think the lower end tq lost is really an issue because the power you make in the upper RPM's really moves the truck well. Plus if all that TQ is that important a set of 4.10 gears is all you lack.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Oh yeah no one has really started porting these heads to their limits yet. I'm sure the aeromotive car and mohovitz have but dont know of the results. I'm betting with heavy porting the 4 valve heads will be in the 330 range dont you Stan....???

FordFanStan

Established Member
Common misconception, its not not place to give the info, but the Mihovetz car doesn't run GT heads :eek:. Everybody thinks so though haha.

Yes I think a porter could get the GT heads to see over 300cfm intake, but what is going to happen to the velocity? That is the biggest role and what needs to be addressed more importantly. This 4v 5.4 we are finishing up this month has the GT heads, Dante hand ported them, he had to of spent like 40+ hours on them lol? Lots of detailed work in them, I wish we could have got them on a flow bench :( FFS

01whiteL

Established Member
How much TQ is can you actually use in a leaf spring truck??? Somewhere around 700ftlbs and your starting to have serious suspension issues. I dont think the lower end tq lost is really an issue because the power you make in the upper RPM's really moves the truck well. Plus if all that TQ is that important a set of 4.10 gears is all you lack.

Exactly what I was thinking....

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
I dont even care about keeping or losing the torque. All I see is some badass trucks that dont have to go through the problems and cost of a 4 valve swap. Talk about another level of power

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Common misconception, its not not place to give the info, but the Mihovetz car doesn't run GT heads :eek:. Everybody thinks so though haha.

Yes I think a porter could get the GT heads to see over 300cfm intake, but what is going to happen to the velocity? That is the biggest role and what needs to be addressed more importantly. This 4v 5.4 we are finishing up this month has the GT heads, Dante hand ported them, he had to of spent like 40+ hours on them lol? Lots of detailed work in them, I wish we could have got them on a flow bench :( FFS

I knew his car didn't run the GT head but ASSUMEd he has had experiance porting them. Could be wrong though. Not sure what happens to the velocity but thats why I said its far to early for people to assume the 2 valve heads will be just as good as a 4 valve head. I will say it is amazing what is being done with the 2 valve heads and these big blowers.....simply amazing. Stan keep us posted on what how the 4 valve ported heads perform after yall get it running. :beer:......PSI is doing a GT500 motor right now with ported heads and he is doing cams as well with a 3.4 whipple. I'll ask Patrick if they are going to flow them before doing the install

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Ahh I should have known you would have been on the up and up already, damnit haha.

Yeah I completely agree people shouldn't be comparing as of yet, in reality liek I joked with you, I don't think they should be compared at all, they are completely different animals. The good thing is though, that this option will be out there for us 2v guys now, and it will bring back some rapport to the 2v world.

I'm thinking a super nasty N/A big inch modular with these heads on a SN95 or New Edge Mustang would be :coolman: If only I had more money and time for more projects haha. Speaking of, I just got that old '75 Bronco halfcab, I better leave it alone for now though or else Black Betty will never be finished haha. I need to PM Dusten now, I know he will be stoked. FFS

Nazman

Established Member
Those Trick Flow heads should bring lots of power gains into the 2V crowd, glad someone is stepping to the plate! :rockon::beer:

Expanding the options is always a welcome thing!

If I may contribute some coments in regards to 4V flow.

For example my own ported work on the 03-Up Castings (4V) flow vic of 310CFMs, at .500 lift, but keep in mind that gains are above 30% flow gains starting as low as .100 lift! Mid-range flow data is sick, and if you check out this crappy video, you can see the explosive trottle response of these heads. Keep in mind that this is a Sullivan intake and "fairly" large cams on a NA combo! The runner port volume is at 216cc's after the work.

The new combo (see sig) has lots more cams (>20 deg duration) and 2 points increased CR.....even sicker!

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Naz-99-Cobra-Instant_161933.htm"]Naz' 99 Cobra: Instant Trottle Response!- Video[/ame]

The point Im making is that with the right port work, there will be no losses down low.

Naz

Last edited:

ecoastkid

Established Member
Those Trick Flow heads should bring lots of power gains into the 2V crowd, glad someone is stepping to the plate! :rockon::beer:

For example my own ported work on the 03-Up Castings (4V) flow vic of 310CFMs, at .500 lift, but keep in mind that gains are above 30% flow gains starting as low as .100 lift! Mid-range flow data is sick, and if you check out this crappy video, you can see the explosive trottle response of these heads. Keep in mind that this is a Sullivan intake and "fairly" large cams on a NA combo! The runner port volume is at 216cc's after the work.

The new combo (see sig) has lots more cams (>20 deg duration) and 2 points increased CR.....even sicker!

The point Im making is that with the right port work, there will be no losses down low.

Naz

Nice ride!...Whats your current combo have you dyno'd it?

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member

Naz' 99 Cobra: Instant Trottle Response!- Video

Naz

With 13:1 compression....I don't think throttle response is ever an issue..lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread