Best O/R X pipe with borla stingers

EB85

Established Member
I currently have stingers and prochamber, I have had several set ups and this is by far my favorite. I have had, catted x, o/r X pipe, and the prochamber with stingers is by far the cleanest and best sound for these cars. It can definitely be loud when your on it but when cruising there is zero drone.

How does it compare now to the catted X? Youtube vids make them sound similar with the catted X almost sounding slightly deeper but it's always tough to tell based off of video.

02gt87

Established Member
You already have the best combo, just remove the cats and use the supplied flow tubes. I have a bassani mid pipe that came with removable high flow cats and flow tubes paired up to stingers..once she hits 3k rpm boy o boy

MACHCT

Established Member
I think the O/R Pro-chamber makes the note cleaner, deeper and louder being that it is O/R, without having the rasp of an O/R x pipe. I have also had, kooks o/r mid pipe, SLP longtubes, and ATAKS, all different combinations and this is definitely my favorite. My brother runs magnaflow catback with my old UPR x pipe and that sounds good but doesn't have the tone or the loudness of prochamber and stinger combo.

Bigggy

Established Member
I have MAC Lts, O/R Prochamber and stingers ans I love it, very subtile at low revs (yeah its still loud as hell when cold) but still a lot less then an O/R X and then when you go WOT its like releasing a dragon..under bridge its even better.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I have the off road UPR x with my stingers sounds good but I the fit on the UPR isn't great on mine so I have to crawl under it to fix an exhaust leak every other week.

b_dike

Established Member
I love the raspy loudness of an o/r x and stingers... It's just such an aggressive, aggressive sound. Prochambers sound good too, but they're just too quiet for my taste. They drone less than the o/r x's too. It really all depends on what kind of sound your looking for.

EB85

Established Member
prochamber with stingers (although long tubes aswell) in the link in my sig.

How do you think the long tubes changed the sound if you added them after the fact? It has a little more rasp than the usual Prochamber/Stinger combo but it still sounds good.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I have Stingers with the Bassani modular X-pipe (with cats currently installed). The x pipe gets a little raspy at WOT, and made the overall pitch a little higher. There is a pretty bad drone around 2k RPM that is obnoxiously too loud - because of this I never swapped the cats out. It crackles more & much louder on deceleration, which I actually like. If I could do it over again, I'd get an H-pipe.

cmannyinblue

Established Member
I wanna have that same exhaust setup as you. Know where I can get those catless bassani X for the mid lengths at?
@Jmurrz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread