Best of all worlds?

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
Ok, heres my problem. I drive my cobra almost everyday, I put about 12k miles on it a year. I drive it rain or shine and i'm looking for a tire that will hold the power on the street safely and also keep me from dying in the rain. I've had Nitto 555's which I had a hard time keeping them from spinning on the street and Strip, MT ET Streets which are awesome tires but i've slid down the road a few times in the rain, and regular street tires which aren't good for anything except going from point A-B. So is there a tire that anyone could recommend for street, strip, rain, shine. I'll probably do exactly what is said here so please let me know your experiences with the tire you're recommending. Thanks.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the additional information.

Unfortunately there isn't a tire that is going to do everything you want with the amount of power you are putting down and the climates you are driving in. The first model that came to mind after reading the OP was the Nitto NT05. This tire has great wet traction and is geared for superb dry traction. However, this model is not recommended in freezing conditions and should not be driven in snow/ice.

I think the best option for you is to run dedicated summer tires during the warmer months and either a winter tire or performance all season during the colder months. Wider wheels in the rear would be a good option to consider for summer driving as it allows for a wider rear tire which will help with wheel spin.

If you want to run the same tires year round I would recommend going with an ultra high performance all season. BFG builds their Super Sport A/S which would be a great option to consider. This tire won't be be great for off the line traction but will do well for your driving conditions. Check out this video for more details.

Users who are viewing this thread