Best oil at 14X,XXX

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
When I get home I plan on changing all the fluids. Does anyone have a suggestion for the engine and trans with the amount of miles on it? Thanks for the help.

1hot281

Established Member
What oil are you running now?

and how is the car performing with that oil? (leaks? oil consumption between changes? burning oil?)

If the car is running fine now with whatever oil you're using, you can continue to use that. No need to change it up. If you're seeing a little consumption between changes, or burning oil, you can try switching to a High Mileage oil like Mobil 1 High Mileage.

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
Ok, guess I should have given some more details. The wife got it as my coming home present from deployment. Dont know what oil the guy was running before be but, the seals and gaskets were all replaced recently cause he was going to go fi. But he had a kid and the wife made him sell it. I dont know when the last time any of the fluids were changed so I am doing all of them when I get home.

OW99

Established Member
I run 5w30 high mileage synthetic. But I burn oil and I mix whatever gas station brand 5w30 I can find when I'm driving. Lol

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I've run Royal Purple in mine since the day I picked it up. 5w30 and 166,xxx miles and it doesn't burn oil and doesn't "consume" very much either.

Shepp1691

Established Member
Run Mobil 1 high mileage 5w 30, no consumption, change every 5k miles. You will get a million different answers on this, its like asking a group of people their favorite baseball team. e

1hot281

Established Member
Run Mobil 1 high mileage 5w 30, no consumption, change every 5k miles. You will get a million different answers on this, its like asking a group of people their favorite baseball team. e

This. I'd probably run Mobil 1 High mileage. Mainly because it can be found at a great price and it's a stout oil.

Ford Motorcraft 5w20 is a great oil. Often underestimated because it is labeled "Synthetic Blend" but it is really good oil and returns good used oil analyses repeatedly on Bobistheoilguy.com... and a full change can be done cheap when factoring in a Motorcraft oil filter as well, which is also a great and underrated filter.

thebestdj07

Established Member
121k 5w30 Quaker State Ultimate Durability with a bosch filter beat the piss out of it all summer (~4000miles) and its just starting to get dark. goes though about a quart per change burning i assume.

Top Fuel Friday

Dang!
Established Member
Ford Motorcraft 5w20 is a great oil. Often underestimated because it is labeled "Synthetic Blend" but it is really good oil and returns good used oil analyses repeatedly on Bobistheoilguy.com... and a full change can be done cheap when factoring in a Motorcraft oil filter as well, which is also a great and underrated filter.

This. You really can't beat Motorcraft for the price and the durability. The modular engine will last forever as long as you take care of it and all Motorcraft fluids and filters will be more than sufficient for any mileage car.

Top Fuel Friday

Dang!
Established Member

This. You really can't beat Motorcraft for the price and the durability. The modular engine will last forever as long as you take care of it and all Motorcraft fluids and filters will be more than sufficient for any mileage car.

SRA99COBRA

Established Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that all "high mileage" oils have additives that make your valve seals and gaskets expand to help prevent leaks. You said all the seals and gaskets are new so would you really need a "high mileage" oil? I use mobile 1 5w 30 with a motorcraft filter but that's just my personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread