Best outdoor car cover

RedZR

Established Member
All, I need some help with something. I accepted a new job in Kentucky and sold my old house in West Virginia-which means my Shelby is going to be homeless for the next several months.

I rented a storage facility from a reputable local firm who told me they had an exterminator treat the facility monthly for mice but they could not guarantee anything. I moved into the facility on Saturday and placed some of those sticky traps as insurance.

Dammed if I did not catch a mouse in one last night and am now wondering if the car is better off sitting in my apartment building lot with a good quality cover over it. The parking lot is far from full and the car is safe there.

Here is what I need- any know a good way of keeping mice out of the facility or can you recommend a kick butt outside car cover?

Thanks for any advice!
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TigerGT500

Established Member
My dad uses a Coverking AutoBody Armor cover on his outdoor vette (silly guy). It has held up really well. The car is parked under cover but not in a garage. I don't know how well it would do exposed 100% to the elements but that is what it is designed for so it would probably be pretty solid with some routine attention/inspection.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I used a California Car Cover Superweave Weathershield cover on a daily driver here in Florida, 100% sun exposure 5 days a week and had good luck with it. The cover repels water, so you can watch the water bead on the cover and run off, even in a moderate down pour, it is also a thin light weight cover so in the wind it minimizes scratching on the surface, and it breaths well. In the Florida sun I only got 2 years out of these covers before the water would start to get under the cover but the cover had a 4 year warranty and they sent me a new one after two years at N/C. The Superweave also holds well to the bottom of the car in windy situations, but after time 1.5-2 years, the elastic begins to stretch and the holding ability in wind declines. <<At that point the Superweave becomes a better garage dust cover where it is not in the wind and rain. Over time, I bought two of these covers and had them both warrantied, so I used this type of cover on a daily driver for about 8 years 100% outside (no shade) in the Florida sun. <<That was a Real car cover test.

R

Last edited:

Bioburner

Established Member
I use moth balls. Can be had in packets for easy distribution around vehicle but sprinkle flakes and balls around the tires to keep them from wanting to crawl up the tire to the vehicle. I have a camper and that's what I have to do to keep them out as I live in the middle of corn fields that are just crawling right now. A tin cat along the wall helps keep them in check too as it can catch several but would need tending weekly. Why not see if you can bring it with, but with winter weather it probably would see more limited use.

Imatk

Established Member
2nd recommendation for the Covercraft Noah. It's a softer cover than most others, also a bit heavier, so not as likely to blow around and scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread