Best photo package

Rochard

Established Member
What do you mean "photo packages". Like buying a camera set up?

I recomend a Nikon D70 with the SB800 flash. It's easy enough to use on automatic until you figure the rest out.

In fact, at every press conference I see... that's pretty much what all of the reporters use.

Adam.L.

Established Member
Those whom have experiance with photo packages which do you prefere?ie ease of use and learnability.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not too experienced, but will provide my two cents anyway.

About 4 months ago I bought a Nikon D80 kit with 18-135 lens. It's performed better than any of my previous "SLR-Like" cameras. Some people will have a bias towards Nikon or Canon, in my opinion both are equally capable instruments.

As far as "learnability" is concerned: It took me about a month to become efficient enough with it to use the camera in full manual mode. I still feel there's much room for improvement in my abilities with this camera. You don't need to fully understand the camera to take decent pictures - if all else fails, you can use the auto setting.

This was my greatest resource in determining which camera to purchase: http://www.dpreview.com/ . I highly recommend handling a few cameras prior to purchase - you want to find something you're comfortable holding on to. I was initially sold on the D40X when comparing features per dollar, but after handling one I felt it was worth the upgrade to the D80 just because it was more comfortable in my hands.

Users who are viewing this thread