Best place for a 19 yr old to get a job

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
This is kinda wide open...

Do you have any idea what you would like to do? Or what you are good at?

openaccount

Established Member
Valet parking. Hands down. Try to get with a company that does some good expensive resturant and high end events. High class hotels are pretty good too. Stay away from hospitals though.

My fav job I had. I LOVE cars/driving and this is basically test driving a TON of high end cars(at the good places). Makes you really see the diff b/w expensive cars and cheap cars. Hotel will be a bunch rentals but atleast their clean and new. Hospitals you get alot of... not so nice cars....

In Dallas you shouldnt have any problem finding a really nice(high price) places to work at.

Last edited:

fa110ut

Established Member
I just started a job at a restaurant, and I love it. Great atmosphere and the people I work with are awesome. The money is great, too.

Just turned 20 two days ago, btw.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Kinda trying to stay away from the food industry... but im open for all suggestions, if it comes down to it you gotta make yo paper boo boo

ogbatman

Established Member
I worked at a Womens Clothing store for 3 years and it was great.

Y because I was the only guy surrounded by women all day. I got so much T&A.:rockon:

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
I worked at a Womens Clothing store for 3 years and it was great.

Y because I was the only guy surrounded by women all day. I got so much T&A

Nice! lol I was thinking about claires piercing girls ears and stuff but I dont think I can handle the **** who come in there getting theirs pierced. I kinda feel like a *** just thinking about working at claires...I'm gonna go work on my car...

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Go to Elm Fork Shooting Centers and apply for a job. You'll be a target trapper, meaning you'll pull targets for shooters all day. You work outside, it's fun, and it pays insane amounts of money.

When I was 16, I lived in Houston, and worked for American Shooting Centers. I'd pull in an easy $100-$200 per weekend in tips.

Unless you're completely "anti-gun" or a pansy, and don't want to wear sunscreen and work outside........it's one of the best jobs you can get as a teenager.

ogbatman

Established Member
Nice! lol I was thinking about claires piercing girls ears and stuff but I dont think I can handle the **** who come in there getting theirs pierced. I kinda feel like a *** just thinking about working at claires...I'm gonna go work on my car...

My job didnt make feel like a *** at all. Nothing like having alot of hot chicks trying on bikinis and mini skirts and asking u "If u were my boyfriend would u like this?":bowdown:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
If your ok at sales and know something about car washing/chemicals...apply for a ticket writer at a car wash. I started doing this at 19 and it was by far one of my favorite jobs, now i help manage the place. Find a high-end car wash near you and apply for a ticket writing job with decent comission. A Ticket writer at my car wash pulls in around $100-300 a week(commision) off 25-35 hours depending on sales #s and volume...

Last edited:

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
If your ok at sales and know something about car washing/chemicals...apply for a ticket writer at a car wash. I started doing this at 19 and it was by far one of my favorite jobs, now i help manage the place. Find a high-end car wash near you and apply for a ticket writing job with decent comission.

I worked at Aquazoom car wash for bill Mitchell, def my favorite job so far, money was great, Got to drive Emmit Smiths H2, and had flexible hours. Just dont feel like doing it any more.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
I am in school, What all do you have to do to be a salesman? I know my shit about cars but I highly doubt anyone would take a 19 year old seriously, I know I wouldnt

Juruense

Banned
Pizza delivery is cool because it actually pays pretty good and most of the time you are not in the store.

Users who are viewing this thread