Best plug for stock boost

r6bullet

Established Member
I have been reading around and while my car is still running stock boost I was wondering what plug would be best. I do plan on running more boost in the future but for now I would like to just replace the plugs. Anyways my car does have the stock agsf12 plug, from my understanding that is a fairly cold plug. I am having trouble finding these plugs, the ford dealer by my work had never heard of them and of course did not stock them. Everybody seems to like the NGK tr7ix, that is the same heat range as where I am at now correct? Would it be a better idea to just go with some tr6ix for now? Or maye the Denso it20? The ford dealer can get the agsf12's for me, so I may just throw the same ones back in. I know spark plugs have been beat to death but I didn't see much regarding stock boost levels.

On a side note I just bought this car and got it dynoed the other day and thought my numbers where a little low. The car is a bone stock eary 03 and is running very rich, car made 350rwhp and 350rwtq. By rich I mean there air/fuel meter was pegged and could not read it. That happend at around 5500+ rpms and is rich at pretty much 2500+rpm. So I think new plugs will not hurt, one of my friends thinks I am getting belt slip but I don't think so using the stock pulley. I am going to throw a new supercharger belt on anyways. Sorry for the long post, thanks for the help:beer:

Kysnake03

Established Member
I have been using the NGK TR5IXX, no gapping just slap them in and go, you dont need the 7`s yet. The stock intake and catback , are whats giving you the low numbers. I dont know if you priced the stock plugs from the dealer, mine wanted 80 $. The NGK`s are about 56 $ and you can get them at Advanced Auto or Auto zone, pretty much anywhere.

rustang

Used but not abused much
Established Member
would also like to know this, since my dealer also is retarded, and tells me totally different plugs, so I don't trust them, and also I never seem to get a good clear answer on what's a good plug for stock boost, with exhaust and intake.

Users who are viewing this thread