Best price I can expect now for a new '04 Cobra?

JRock

Established Member
Well it's about the end of the model year now for the '04 Mustang. Local dealer shows three Cobras in stock, one in the color I'd want.

I remember not long ago hearing rumors that "you can get a new Cobra for around $30k". Is that anything close to reality?

If I could get one for $30k or less I'd be sold. MSRP is like $36k though (This one has the chrome factory wheels, btw), and that seems an awful long way from $30k. Even invoice is like $32k, right?

Does Ford currently have any incentives on the car, or factory-to-dealer cash, or anything like that?

I don't currently own a Ford nor do I have any family that works for them so I don't believe I could qualify for any of their employee discount plans like the X-plan.

Info, suggestions, and advice on how to get the best price on an '04 Cobra are all welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, I'm voting this Fall for the candidate that gets rid of the gas guzzler tax. =\

Last edited:

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by JRock
Well it's about the end of the model year now for the '04 Mustang. Local dealer shows three Cobras in stock, one in the color I'd want.

I remember not long ago hearing rumors that "you can get a new Cobra for around $30k". Is that anything close to reality?

If I could get one for $30k or less I'd be sold. MSRP is like $36k though (This one has the chrome factory wheels, btw), and that seems an awful long way from $30k. Even invoice is like $32k, right?

Does Ford currently have any incentives on the car, or factory-to-dealer cash, or anything like that?

I don't currently own a Ford nor do I have any family that works for them so I don't believe I could qualify for any of their employee discount plans like the X-plan.

Info, suggestions, and advice on how to get the best price on an '04 Cobra are all welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, I'm voting this Fall for the candidate that gets rid of the gas guzzler tax. =\

I have been looking and looking, I have gotten one dealer for $33,500 they rest have been all sticker or one else that was $34,300.

There are no incentives on 04's just 03's

I hope you mean Bush because Kerry doesn't cut a damn thing!

Kerry is going to raise every tax there is

He is by far the most LIBERAL senator in D.C.

GO BUSH!!!
44.jpg

JRock

Established Member
Sorry, didn't mean to get political. =)

I was glad to see a nice tax refund check this year. I certainly don't need my taxes raised. No one really knows what Kerry is for or against though, because he can't ever get his story straight and says different things to different people about the same issue, basically telling people what they want to hear and not really being a man and having an opinion on any issues. I can't vote for someone like that because I have no idea what they'll really do when in the office.

Anyway, back to the Cobra... are there still leftover '03s? I would think they're all gone by now, right? I don't believe there were any changes b/w 03 and 04 besides the two new colors (and they got rid of the dark blue which was actually my favorite color *sniffle* :() so I wouldn't have a problem with a new '03 if that was an option.

99cobraclone

Established Member
There may be some 03's left over, call around and usually a dealer can get one for you. I looked online at Ford and searched all of the dealer inventories.

JRock

Established Member
What kind of incentives around on '03s? I see one '03 10th anny silver Cobra coupe in the area. Silver's so boring (sorry silver Cobra owners!) but if the price was right and it doesn't have like 100 test drive miles on it, I might be interested.
How low can they go realistically?

2004 Culebra

Established Member
I was able to buy my 2004 Cobra with the chrome wheels and no sh!t I got the car for $31,900 b4 taxes and shit. I used the A-plan and the A-plan also gave me a $750 rebate...

But also remember that that is b4 taxes and all the other sh!t...

tv's 03

Established Member
Originally posted by 2004 Culebra
I was able to buy my 2004 Cobra with the chrome wheels and no sh!t I got the car for $31,900 b4 taxes and shit. I used the A-plan and the A-plan also gave me a $750 rebate...

But also remember that that is b4 taxes and all the other sh!t...

Yea, but for A plan you need a PIN. Not everyone can get one.

I think the best price to expect is invoice....Around $33,500. I had one offered to me for that

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by JRock
Late last year (starting the week of Labor Day) Ford had a $2500 rebate on '03s. It seemed as if dealers everywhere were overstocked with '03s...and stories of cars selling for $6K-7K off sticker were not unusual. It's hard to imagine that's going to happen with the '04s. Production is over and it's only the middle of March. Yeah...the new body style is coming...but there won't be a new Cobra out for at least another year.

I doubt there are going to be many new Cobras collecting dust on lots this fall like they were last year. So don't hold your breath waiting for rebates. I'd say if you can grab one now for close to invoice, you're getting a good deal.

jwfisher

Banned
Local dealer had a sale to clear out many remaining SVT Cobras at 5K off list. But, most dealers are selling as many of them as they can because they know this is the last gasp for at least a year.

And, '03s are already depreciating like hell... as will all late model Mustangs and Cobras when the all-new car comes out in September. New is hot, old is yesterdays news...

Users who are viewing this thread