Best pulley set

SaleenShelby

Established Member
I am looking for some help, to find the best under-drive pulley set for a 2001 2V GT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DropTopFord 5 0

Established Member
ive got March pulleys on my 94 5.0, and i have no real complaints...actually, im very happy with them. they cost a little more than many of the other sets, but the clear coat on the outside holds up pretty nicely, and they make good HP/TQ gains without sacraficing charging/cooling... actually, from what they advertise, the water pump pulley claims to cool better than stock... i dont know the truth, but i have noticed that my car does run very cool...no complaints there. you might notice that at an idle with the lights on and A/C on that the lights will dim a little more and the amp meter might go low, but nothing serious though, because thats only at an idle while in gear (an auto) for me... i looked at other sets such as ford motorsports because they claimed good HP/TQ #'s, but i was warned against them from my local shop (mustangs unltd.) because they would sacrafice too much for a street car, hope this helps

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
He is absolutely right on a 5.0, March makes great pullies for them.

HOWEVER, unless you've already bought them, don't get anything but the Steeda pullies for a mod motor. Most other pully sets for those come with a new pully for the crank, but not a balancer. They want you to bolt your stock harmonic balancer to a new pully, on the outside, with these little 1/2" bolts........they don't hold well to say the least.

The steeda pullies are a bit more, buit WELL worth it! They come with a new balanceer incorporated into the crank pully, just like the factory does it! Much safer, and the new balancer is actually better than the stock one. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread