Best QB of all time??? I miss football :(

Best QB of all time!

• Total voters

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I could never vote against elway after all those mile high moments... the broncos aren't the same w/o him..

Hepcat007

Established Member
Joe Montana hands down and he has the rings to prove it. He was a great leader on and off the field. FYI i don't think payton manning has any room in this poll. He has yet to prove that he has the mentality to win the big games.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Hepcat007 said:
Joe Montana hands down and he has the rings to prove it. He was a great leader on and off the field. FYI i don't think payton manning has any room in this poll. He has yet to prove that he has the mentality to win the big games.

i kinda agree, but i had to put some current players in with the old guys...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
toss up.

johnny u vs montana -

those that have seen both play have mixed opinions. some say unitas, some say montana. one thing to keep in mind is that unitas called his game. he did his job and the job of the coach/offensive cordinator. and he did it better anyone else.

these two quarterbacks hands down above the rest of the group. :bowdown:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
I would have to say Montana, even though I am a die hard Cowboys Fan. When it is all said in done, I think Tom Brady will be rembered the same way. Peyton Manning is well on his way to being the greatest ever also. It helps that he has Marvin Harrison who I believe is underrated and probably the best receiver in the game today. He is not an a$$ hole like Randy Moss either.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
capnkirk52 said:
I could never vote against elway after all those mile high moments... the broncos aren't the same w/o him..
ahh, all the "Mile high Moments" Like when he lined up behind the gaurd and the center thought it was going out of the gun??? :lol:

WhistlePig

Bedroom Gangsta
Established Member
Marino, its hard to be successful without a running game, which is why he never won the super bowl. He still holds most of the records set by all the others in the poll.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
WhistlePig said:
Marino, its hard to be successful without a running game, which is why he never won the super bowl. He still holds most of the records set by all the others in the poll.
He had Sammy Morris????? What do you mean, no running game?

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
I voted for Favre. He hasn't won as many superbowls as some of the other guys, he hasn't played with hall of famers like some of the other guys...and he sure as hell been in NFL films as much as the other guys but you have to give the man credit. Was I the only one that watched him play like the day AFTER his father passed away? Yeah, he was like 31/35 and 500 yards passing for 5 touchdowns. Was I the only one that heard about his wife having breast cancer this year...and his brother in law dying on his property this year? Yet the man marched on. Whats the count for consecutive starts..224? 216? I dont remember. Sure, your guys may have won the superbowl..they didn't play like Bret Favre did.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
BlueOvalAvenger said:
I voted for Favre. He hasn't won as many superbowls as some of the other guys, he hasn't played with hall of famers like some of the other guys...and he sure as hell been in NFL films as much as the other guys but you have to give the man credit. Was I the only one that watched him play like the day AFTER his father passed away? Yeah, he was like 31/35 and 500 yards passing for 5 touchdowns. Was I the only one that heard about his wife having breast cancer this year...and his brother in law dying on his property this year? Yet the man marched on. Whats the count for consecutive starts..224? 216? I dont remember. Sure, your guys may have won the superbowl..they didn't play like Bret Favre did.

As much as I love brett farve and his Iron man mentality, he throws way to many INT's during cruical times in games, espcially lately.

As of right now: Joe Montana

Later on: Peyton Manning/Micheal Vick. Adding a whole other demension to the position of quarterback can just hurt the oppposing team so much more. Tom Brady will be in the hall of fame for what he did, but I dont think he posses' the skills to be called the greatest quarterback of all time. Hes kind of like Derek Jeter in baseball. Hes clutch and does what he can to make the team win. But hes not the best shortstop in the game. <yankess fan.

Last edited:

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
Everyone throws interceptions. Its part of the game. What makes Favre stand out from the pack is the fact that he isn't afraid to go for the pass that has a 80% chance of being an interception. If it is its no big deal, hes the comeback kid. He makes up for it. That plus the fact that hes an iron man, hands down. Favre wins.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Lotsa great QB's on the list, but I'll still go with John Elway. Yup he lost a number of SB's, but look at the personnel around him during that time. His two SB seasons shows he just needed some talent around him. One thing that most ppl outside of Colorado don't realize is what he brought to this town. Denver was never considered a "sports town" until he paved the way. IMO, we probably woundn't have gotten MLB here if it weren't for him.

Montana always had great players around him. I'm not taking anything away from his accomplishments, but look how many hall of famers and pro bowlers came from that team during the era.

Marino - I wouldv'e liked to have seen him win the big one. He had the team early in his career. But like John, most of his career was with a mediocre team at best. Marino a close second even if I hate the city of Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread