Best racing shoes

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
Looking into getting some racing shoes. Looked at the ones from G-force but wanted to get peoples opinions.

Sirl

Established Member
Well, if you driving a Mustang, you might want to look at the Piloti's

I have a pair of typical Simpson race shoes, and I have a hard time heal/toe'ing with them, even with my extra wide gas pedal.

I tend to wear my leather sneakers more often, since they are much wider. To me it s very noticeable difference.

My next pair will be the Piloti's, since they are much wider, and more sneaker like.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
i race in a set of piloti's. my backup set is a pair of sparcos. i also have a pair of omp's that are too big and never worn. i ride my bicycle in the sparcos. they are very narrow and flat souled. i would not want to walk around in them.

the pilotis are just comfortable. they are bigger shoes and make the heel/toe throttle blip easier for me.

David Hester

Established Member
I have an old pair of Simpson's I bought back in the '80's. Sole wore out and I had resoled with leather..OK unless it is raining. I'm on my 2nd pair of G-Force hightops. 2nd pair was a Christmas present from my daughter a couple of years ago. Comfortable, long wearing. 1st pair has faded (blue-bought in '95), but soles still good. Laces did break finally, but everything else is still fine. Hard to beat for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread