Best shift point

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I did a search but really didnt find much on the 2011-12's. What seems to be the best shift point in these things? Its still stock right now. I might be going to the track with it soon. So far 6200 seems to be the best from what Im feeling.

I hate starting all over again on cars. LOL. I know the Dodge stuff like the back of my hand but im starting all over again with Ford.

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I thought all engines were the same and at the top of the powerband before it starts to fall of. Every car is different.

mullens

Established Member
Just curious why did you trade the Challenger? I ask because im an old Mopar guy and traded my Charger SRT8 for my first GT 500. Mine was a 6.1 but I heard the 6.4 is a much better motor

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Just curious why did you trade the Challenger? I ask because im an old Mopar guy and traded my Charger SRT8 for my first GT 500. Mine was a 6.1 but I heard the 6.4 is a much better motor

The 6.4L is a damn good engine and runs great. BUT, There is no tuning for them and who knows when it will happen. Even if there was tuning, I still would have traded to the GT500. The Mopar stuff is a pain to mod and not much aftermarket stuff. The Ford has so much aftermarket support its not even funny. :)

I had a 2007 Procharged SRT8 Charger for a while. It was a fun car but it was a ticking timebomb. Never knew when the ring lands on the pistons were gonna pop.

HammerSVT10

Established Member
The 6.4L is a damn good engine and runs great. BUT, There is no tuning for them and who knows when it will happen. Even if there was tuning, I still would have traded to the GT500. The Mopar stuff is a pain to mod and not much aftermarket stuff. The Ford has so much aftermarket support its not even funny. :)

I had a 2007 Procharged SRT8 Charger for a while. It was a fun car but it was a ticking timebomb. Never knew when the ring lands on the pistons were gonna pop.

I traded my Cherokee SRT8 for my GT500. I never realized the lack of aftermarket support until I started looking into the GT500. There is no comparison of the two. I still remember the motto as well: There is no replacement for displacement! :pepper:

mullens

Established Member

Yes I heard Chrysler still hasn't unlocked the code for tuners. That's insane. At least with the 6.1 Diablosport had all kinds of tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread