Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's so funny, I was just coming to post those Ducati limited edition paint-jobs. I came across them last night. I'll take the Marco Bezzecchi one. Those prices are absurd, but they're so cool.

My local dealer had both. Hard pass, lol. Too busy for my taste.

Dude bought both of them. To display in his living room. Didn't want fluids put in them. Ugh...

My eye is on the MV Agusta Superveloce 1000 Series Oro. This definitely warms the cockles. Trying to figure out if I could make this work late 2024.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My local dealer had both. Hard pass, lol. Too busy for my taste.

Dude bought both of them. To display in his living room. Didn't want fluids put in them. Ugh...

My eye is on the MV Agusta Superveloce 1000 Series Oro. This definitely warms the cockles. Trying to figure out if I could make this work late 2024.

I've had my eyes on the Superveloce for a while now. I love the color schemes they have with the design of it. MV is looking very much like Ducati did when they were really starting to become popular.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Some of the cool Italian retro-modern bikes at the Barber Museum. The MV is really cool, but I love that Ducati...
IMG_9396.jpeg
IMG_9398 2.jpeg

Sporty Spice MV with the sideways V'Twin...
IMG_9403 2.jpeg

This was always one of my favorite R1s. At the time I called it the Colin Edwards since he raced the yellow and black YZR M1 at Laguna Seca that year. I tried alert one of the museum employees that the information placard for this R1 was incorrect. They described it as having a 4v/cyl motor. Oof, fail.
IMG_9441.jpeg

ajaf1656

Established Member
Just saw this on MV's site as well. Beautiful!

That is miles closer to what modern naked bikes should be than what they've become. The origami insect thing was never my cup of tea.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That is miles closer to what modern naked bikes should be than what they've become. The origami insect thing was never my cup of tea.

You mean like the Z1000 and Streetfighter? Lol. That 921 is gorgeous though. The billet truss-work to the rear swing arm looks like a piece of artwork.

Last edited:

ajaf1656

Established Member
You mean like the Z1000 and Streetfighter? Lol. That 921 is gorgeous though. The billet truss-work to the rear swing arm looks like a piece of artwork.
The Streetfighter and MT10 especially. I've literally test ridden the MT10 like 3 or 4 times. I would own one if the boys in japan would just put a normal human being headlight on the damn thing. I've been on a few Ducatis and I would love to own one but the Monsters always seemed long and leaned over for a nekked. I might find a way to live with it if they put the V4 in a Monster. Now, they're just making baby monsters and think people who want a badass bike probably love wings and weird shit tacked on the bike. Give me a V4 Monster with a round headlight the option for the high mount dual exhaust pipes and I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

ajaf1656

Established Member
A few years back I was even looking into finding an older SV1000 naked bike and upgrading the suspension with an aftermarket shock and GSXR forks. I didn't know how poor the suspension on that bike was until I got my FZ1. But where the FZ1 excelled in handling over the SV, the SV1000 motor sounded so beautiful coming through my dual Yoshimura RS3 pipes. Now it nearly impossible to find a naked SV1000, I think they were only offered in 2003 so the ones I've seen are too clapped out.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I never understood their reasoning, it was only the most popular 600 in N America. I think in europe its popularity and 600 super-sports in general have waned, but not here in the states.

I'm confused by the new models the brands are coming out with changing the engine sizes. Yamaha is coming out with an R9 with an 89x cc engine but from what I read it sounded like it only had around 120hp, but it is supposed to be a sport bike through and through. Seems it's essentially an R6 with a bigger engine, but why? Is it so they can compete in certain, more competitive racing series?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm confused by the new models the brands are coming out with changing the engine sizes. Yamaha is coming out with an R9 with an 89x cc engine but from what I read it sounded like it only had around 120hp, but it is supposed to be a sport bike through and through. Seems it's essentially an R6 with a bigger engine, but why? Is it so they can compete in certain, more competitive racing series?

It is euro emission bullshit + more streetable power.

It has +200 cc but the same power. High performance cars are light years ahead of previous generations while <1 litre bikes have gone backwards.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
It is euro emission bullshit + more streetable power.

It has +200 cc but the same power. High performance cars are light years ahead of previous generations while <1 litre bikes have gone backwards.

That makes sense. Forgot the commies have been pushing emissions on motorcycles as well.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah I thought the R7 was going to be a killer 700/750 maybe… nah its a parallel twin making 70hp, but it sure looks and sounds the part..

Users who are viewing this thread