best STS/mount combination?

Ataru

Established Member
Probably the CFM adjustable STS: http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1100

combined with the VF Engineering Mount: http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=865

I've had the Ford Racing STS and VF mount for about 3 years now and I love the combination, but I think the CFM adjustable STS will allow for better comfort since you can adjust how tall you actually want it.

Well, looky here.....they have a combo package at CFM right now with that shifter and their own mount: http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1056

Definitely worth checking into that.

Last edited:

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I am new to the SVTF and from research there are many good aftermarket STS and mounts...I just purchased the CFM combo.. arrived yesterday.:banana:

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
C-F-M and tranny mount is what I have in mine love the thing. Even though it gave Jason (Ataru) and I a pain when we installed it.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
C-F-M and tranny mount is what I have in mine love the thing. Even though it gave Jason (Ataru) and I a pain when we installed it.

Wat kind of problems did you have??? I was going to try to maybe do this myself (STS & rear mount) but I have a fellow MACA member with his own shop who has a lift and is experienced with installations... I don't mind paying to do it to make sure it gets done correctly.:pop:

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
When we installed it, I couldnt go in to 5th or 6th gear so after bout 30-45 min of searching we found out it was the shift linkage that we had to adjust. thats all really

Last edited:

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
When we installed it, I couldnt go in to 5th or 6th gear so after bout 30-45 min of searching we found out it was the shift linkage that we had to adjust. thats all really

Shift linkage huh..... could you give details on what is needed to adjust that...any links or anything to look at. Thanx.:beer:

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
I just searched and everything I found had no pics. I would say just install it and i doubt you would have a problem I was like the first jason had heard of with the problem so.

But its a orange clip under your hood by where the stock intake is its in there you will need two people to do the job.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I just searched and everything I found had no pics. I would say just install it and i doubt you would have a problem I was like the first jason had heard of with the problem so.

But its a orange clip under your hood by where the stock intake is its in there you will need two people to do the job.

OK...I'll let you guys know how I make out.:p

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
i was on the phone with CFM and the dude mentioned something about the mount causing vibration in the steering wheel at idle, u guys experienced that with ure mounts? is it unbearably loud/annoying and is there a fix for it?

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
i was on the phone with CFM and the dude mentioned something about the mount causing vibration in the steering wheel at idle, u guys experienced that with ure mounts? is it unbearably loud/annoying and is there a fix for it?

I have heard it can be really bad with all 3 mounts installed...the new polly bushings are stiffer so you are going to feel all the vibrations more. I think with just the rear it should not be that bad, and after a couple months of break-in should be all good. I ordered mine with the "street" bushings.:thumbsup:

Ataru

Established Member
The steering wheel vibration is small. I noticed it when I first installed it, now it's not noticable at all.

As for installing the CFM STS, we failed to check the CFM website about the adjustment issue on the shifting linkage. Once we started making adjustments on it, we had it perfect in about 15 minutes.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
The steering wheel vibration is small. I noticed it when I first installed it, now it's not noticable at all.

As for installing the CFM STS, we failed to check the CFM website about the adjustment issue on the shifting linkage. Once we started making adjustments on it, we had it perfect in about 15 minutes.

Where on the website do they have the info for the adjustment for the shifter linkage???.... was looking but did not find anything...maybe I just missed it.:??:

Last edited:

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
i was just told that if u up the idle it can actually eliminate the wheel vibration, but im yet to find out just how that works

Raising the idle seems excessive to me. Vibrations are minimal, Ive been around a few svt's that had just the rear mount and a STS and those guys loved it. I drove the cars and the vibration was not extreme at all and definately a fair trade for the great shifter feel it gives you. Ive yet to decide which setup will be gracing my own car. Im thinking about getting a polyurethane bushing kit for the whole car and probably the rear lower engine mount from VF engineering, just my $.02. I think you will be thrilled with the combo, whatever you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread