Best supercharger option on a budget

BLKFOX

Established Member
I've checked around everywhere and I've came up with a few options... I don't want to spend a lot, but I don't want a non quality setup. What are some of the better options I could go with? I'm not having any luck finding a used head unit either. I'd like to be around 425-450 rwhp on a conservative tune. I've been looking a lot at the vortech v2's but by the time I get everything I'll need I could've bought a Procharger... Too many possibilities and not enough money:(

firemanlightnin

Its a Hybrid
Established Member
Ill sell you just my polished headunit from my kit if you want to go that route. Retails new in satin for 2500 plus taxes and shipping . Remember I told you mine has less than 800 miles on it and polished. Id sell it for 2500 shipped.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Just my opinion here. But if you buy new to achieve the numbers you are looking for you will need to get an aftercooled kit. From what I've seen Procharger is slightly more expensive than Vortech but we're talking probably $50 difference in price. You will probably need a powerpipe too. I'd say you are looking at 4500-5k to get what you want numbers wise.

You can get used complete kits for 2-3.5k. Just make sure you get a COMPLETE kit. Nothing is more of a pain in the ass than hunting down miscellaneous parts to complete your build.

Good luck!!

Monster Mach

Established Member
im in the same boat... tax time ill be looking to blow 3-3.5k on a supercharger if i can

lil devil

Established Member
Shop around and piece together. I've seen people piece together eaton swaps for about 2500. See several procharger kits used go for 2500-3000 but usually aren't quite 100%. Usually need something like injectors,pump, something. I am almost complete with piecing my P1SC kit together. 2100 total for everything. Thats with the sheetmetal intercooler w/ procharger piping, brand new proflow bypass valve, and low mileage headunit. Just have to be patient and shop the forums everyday for the best deals.

bleedout

Established Member
Not sure if on3 makes a turbo kit for the mach but if so thatd be a cheaper way to boost ur mach. Or search locally for an eaton and do that swap man. The old eaton with supporting mods will get you there.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Not sure if on3 makes a turbo kit for the mach but if so thatd be a cheaper way to boost ur mach. Or search locally for an eaton and do that swap man. The old eaton with supporting mods will get you there.

It won't be by the time you add in the K member, coil overs, and other extras needed for the system

Explosive

Established Member
P1100626.jpg

BLKFOX

Established Member
I wouldn't mind doing an eaton swap, I'm just not a fan of putting used parts on my car... I hate not having the warranties that come along with the kits, I don't have the best luck lol and I'm just too lazy to piece the used kits together, but I'm considering finding a used one at the moment

DarkMach1

Established Member
On a budget? Eaton swapped all the way. Mine cost at the end were around $2400, Just get someone knowledgeable to install it, mine NEVER gave me an issue.

C Vo

Established Member
I'm piecing an eaton swap right now. Hardest part is finding the parts. Plan on spending 2.5-3k. Not bad for 100+hp.

2001cobravert

Established Member
eaton swaps are cool but used pro chargers are cheaper and honestly easier to install which is what changed my mind. ive seen used p1 kits for around $1500 which is about half an eaton swap and a whole lot easier to get the parts

+2
I picked up my p1 kit here on svtperformance for $1950 shipped from CA to PA.
Only thing I needed was a fuel pump, boost-a-pump, and a tune.
Not a pain to install either. Took about 12 hours between two of us.

C Vo

Established Member
I got all of my parts for my eaton swap for $2400. Still not as cheap as $1950 but not to bad.

cwaysvt

Established Member
do you guys have a list of the parts needed for the swap?^^^^
I work at a dealership and am buddys with a parts guy, id like to price this out new.

NEVERMIND FOUND THE LIST.......My bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread