Best suspension for daily driving?

PDubs

Established Member
Still running on factory after 63k miles. Car is lowered for about the past 40k. When is it time to replace the suspension parts and what should I change to for daily driving?

Tried searching, couldn't find anything.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
I"d put new ball joints on it immediately, as they're probably shot. i'd also put new wheel bearings on it. possibly upper strut mounts too.

for daily driving, id put stock springs and struts back on it, new lower front arms, new upper strut mount, and then move on to freshening up the rear. it probably needs new bushings and wheel bearings too.

PDubs

Established Member
Dang that sounds like a bit much. When I lowered, I put in cc plates, steeda x2 ball joints, and front sway bar. I was hoping this was going to be more of a shocks/struts replacement at this point.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
well why didnt ya say so! :) stockers need the ball joints replaced about every 30,000 miles. the x2 helps with the problem of the car being nearly at the limit of the ball joint pip at stock ride height. lowering the car without correcting the geometry [like you did with the x2 ball joint] will eat the stock ball joint in short order.

the c/c plates are the replacement for the upper strut mount.

i'd still put wheel bearings on it :)

Users who are viewing this thread