Best T5 upgrade?

shacar87

Established Member
What is the best upgrade (rebuild) for a regular T5 to handle around 365 N/A HP? Right now i have an AOD, i had to keep a tighter converter since it's a daily driver but i'm sick of the lack of torque and oomph at lower RPMs! (Oh, i also have 3.73s in it) It screams on top end, but takes too long to get there! So i am gonna go to manual, and i already have an old stock T5. Can't afford to go Tremec right now, so looking for adequate rebuild! I've heard that the 2.95 gear set is stronger than the 3.35, and should handle my setup. Need some oppinions, and feedback.

Also, what's gonna be the best clutch kit out there for my setup?

Thanks

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
For a t5 rebuild to hold at leat that much power would be G-Force.

Your best bet would be a Tremec though. If the t5 is driveable, you may want to look into selling it and buying a used Tremec. I bought a used Tremec 3550 with bellhousing, new clutch, and flywheel for $950. Guys that are going to autos are selling them fairly cheap.

As far as your clutch, the FRPP King Cobra would do fine. I actually may have one for sale with less than 200 miles on it. Its in great shape and still needs to be worn in. Let me know if you are interested. It came with the tranny and i dont think it can handle 500+ hp.

shacar87

Established Member
Thanks for your input. I'm not sure how long it will be till the swap as of right now, but i'll definitely keep you in mind. What's your opinion on Ram or Centerforce clutches? Never had either one, so i have no experience with them...are they better than the FRPP clutches? Trying to find out all i can before making a decision! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread