Best tire setup

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
I'm looking for a tire setup that is good on the street as well as for autox. I like the Toyo R888 but hear that they start to lose performance as time goes on. And I read that the NT01 are great for autox but not the street. Opinions?

mgsullivan

The Red Brick
Established Member
Hankook RS3...by far the best all-around. I have used them all, NT01, R888, RA1, etc.

mgsullivan

The Red Brick
Established Member
The hankooks are better than the NT01 and R888 just because you can't get enough heat in them to be effective. So I would say that average for me the Hankooks are 2-3 seconds better than the others on a 60 second course. Also, most of the drivers that use them in my region can get 200 runs out of them(to the cords). Now if you are stuck on one of your originals, the R888 was the best for me.

mgsullivan

The Red Brick
Established Member
A 245/35/18 A6 on my mustang was ~2 seconds quicker than a 275/40/17 V710. So the NT-01 is more than that. There is no equal to the A6.

nekasrof

Established Member
There is no equal to the A6.

I know I'm late to this discussion and sorry to hi-jack a bit but, do you know anyone using the Goodyear autox compounds? I want to try them but need to know how they perform and how wide they are. Currently, I'm on a 315/17 A6 all around mounted on a 10.5" wheel. Supposedly, the GYs are wider than the Hoosiers in the 315s by a lot. Any word on that?

mgsullivan

The Red Brick
Established Member
The only ting I can say about the tire is that Brian Peters came to a couple of our events with the Goodyears this year. He won F-Stock. So I guess they are capable.

nekasrof

Established Member
The only ting I can say about the tire is that Brian Peters came to a couple of our events with the Goodyears this year. He won F-Stock. So I guess they are capable.

I don't know who that is but sounds great. I know they are a little less expensive than the Hoosiers but my concern is the width. If they are as wide in the size that I need as they say, I can't use them. I don't want to go to an 11" or 12" wide wheel as they are ridiculously expensive.

mgsullivan

The Red Brick
Established Member
Another factor for only two class wins might be the fact that Hoosier gives out contingency tires, Goodyear does not.

Boss002

Established Member
The newer BFG R1-S would be interesting to try.

I've heard from someone else using these in ESP per recommendation from a very knowledgeable stang guy. Apparently they work better than the kumho's , but last just about as long.

SVTbrutus

How about the Bridgestone potenza re760??? anyone know about them? i recently got them for my 1999 cobra as i daily drive it an i just did a full suspension set up from eibach race front an rear sway bars front an rear strut tower brace bilsten b-12 suspension package bushings all around the car as well as a bump steer kit an ball joint an caster camber plates. any information would be quite helpfull thank you

Users who are viewing this thread